If your questions are not answered by this post, use the ASK button in the top right to tell us what’s missing!
Although Credit Card Insider does receive compensation from some card issuers as advertisers, this does not in any way influence our overall judgement of a card, or how one card is compared to another. Barclaycard and Capital One have not endorsed this content in any way.
Learn more about how we rate credit and charge cards.
These cards are far more alike than they are different. They offer almost the exact same amount of cash back, along with signup bonuses, introductory APR’s, and regular interest rates.
So why would you want one of these cards over the other? Keep reading to find out.
For People with
- Annual Fee: $0
- Interest Rate: 15.74%, 20.74% or 25.74% Variable
Quick Card Facts
- Get a $200 cash rewards bonus after you spend $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days after account opening
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash rewards on every purchase
- Every time you redeem, get a 5% cash rewards redemption bonus to use toward your next redemption
- Redeem your cash rewards for a deposit into a U.S. checking or savings account, a statement credit or gift cards. Redemptions start at $50
- Cash rewards do not expire as long as your account is open, active and in good standing
- Enjoy a 0% introductory APR for 15 months on Balance Transfers made within 45 days of account opening. After that, a variable APR will apply, 15.74%, 20.74% or 25.74%, based on your creditworthiness
- Please note, there is a fee for balance transfers
- No annual fee
For People with
- Annual Fee: $0
- Interest Rate: 13.99%, 18.99% or 23.99% Variable
Quick Card Facts
- One-time $100 cash bonus after you spend $500 on purchases within the first 3 months
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day
- No rotating categories or sign ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus, cash back doesn’t expire and there’s no limit to how much you can earn
- Pay no annual fee or foreign transaction fees
- Capital One® Credit Wise - a free way to easily monitor your monthly credit score anytime, anywhere
- 1.5% cash back for every purchase
- 5% cash rewards redemption bonus every time you redeem your cash back
- $100 signup bonus for spending $500 in the first 90 days
Reward redemptions start at $50.
Quicksilver Cash Rewards
- 1.5% cash back on every purchase you make
- $100 signup bonus for spending $500 in the first 3 months
You can redeem the cash back you earn whenever you want, in whatever amount you want.
As you can see, these cards offer almost the exact same rewards. You’ll get 1.5% cash back with each card, along with a $100 signup bonus.
But the CashForward also has that extra 5% cash back when you redeem. How much will that add up to?
If you use the CashForward to spend $2,000, you’ll get $30 in cash back. Then you’ll get 5% of that cash back when you redeem it, which is $1.50. So that comes to a total of $31.50 cash back for spending $2,000.
So the CashForward provides a bit more cash back than the Quicksilver (you can redeem rewards in whatever amount you want with the Quicksilver, but this isn’t a very significant feature).
Here are some of the more interesting benefits offered by each card.
Free FICO® Credit Score
Keep track of your credit score easily, and get alerts if it changes.
Quicksilver Cash Rewards
24/7 Concierge Service
Call any time to talk to a personal assistant, who can help you in all sorts of non-emergency tasks like finding hard-to-find gifts, making reservations, and getting travel info
Get benefits at over 900 hotel properties.
Get discounts at fandango.com/visasignature
Fine Wine & Food
Special dining and wine experiences.
Access to popular sporting events and premiere golf benefits at Pebble Beach Resorts®.
Discounts and special offers at premium retailers, from jewelry to apparel and electronics.
Provides coverage against lost or stolen items within 90 days from the date of purchase.
Extended Warranty Protection
Extends a manufacturer’s warranty at no charge.
Roadside Assistance Hotline
Assistance with services such as towing, changing a flat, or boosting a battery in case of emergency.
Travel Assistance Services
Provides help with travel emergencies, including emergency card replacement or cash advances.
Travel Accident Insurance
Covers you and your family in the case of physical accidents.
Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
Provides coverage against theft and collision, as long as the car rental company’s own insurance is declined.
Lost Luggage Reimbursement
If checked or carry-on bags are lost or damaged, provides reimbursement up to $3,000 per passenger.
The Quicksilver obviously outshines the CashForward when it comes to the extra benefits. You’ll get a variety of nice perks, including a concierge service, several travel upgrades, and protections when shopping and traveling.
The CashForward only has the one interesting benefit, but it could be quite valuable if you’re trying to build or rebuild your credit, or if you simply like to check up on your credit score.
Insider Tip: Want to see the full set of benefits for each card?
Here’s a side-by-side comparison of the benefits offered by each card:
The Costs & Fees
|Card||Annual Fee||Intro APR for Purchases||Intro APR for Balance Transfers||Regular Purchase APR||Regular Balance Transfer APR||Cash Advance APR||Foreign Transaction Fee|
|CashForward||$0||0% for 15 months||0% for 15 months (on balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening)||15.74%, 20.74% or 25.74% Variable||See Terms||See Terms||See Terms|
|Quicksilver Cash Rewards||$0||0% for 9 months||0% for 9 months||13.99%, 18.99% or 23.99% Variable||13.99%, 18.99% or 23.99% Variable||23.99% Variable||0%|
|Card||Penalty APR||Late Fee||Returned Payment Fee|
|CashForward||See Terms||See Terms||Up to $38|
|Quicksilver Cash Rewards||See Terms||Up to $35||See Terms|
As you can see, the costs and fees of these cards are almost identical. The introductory APR’s are almost the same length, and the regular APR’s are about the same too.
The main difference is that the Quicksilver card doesn’t have a foreign transaction fee, but you’ll probably get one with the CashForward. So the Quicksilver would be better for spending outside the country, but if you don’t care much about that then it’s not a significant difference.
The Bottom Line
The Barclaycard CashForward World MasterCard and the Quicksilver Cash Rewards card are both good cash back credit cards, letting you earn cash back everywhere you shop without needing to worry about reward categories.
It’s simple to compare these cards, because they’re pretty straightforward: you’ll get a bit more cash back with the CashForward card, but you’ll get more extra benefits with the Quicksilver. Which would you prefer? Keep in mind that many people don’t end up using the extra card benefits very often if at all.
The costs and fees of these cards are basically the same (except for the foreign transaction fee), so you don’t need to base your decision on these.
Which one is right for you?
If you use one of these credit cards, how do you like it? Leave your own review of the Barclaycard CashForward World MasterCard or the Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card, we’d love to hear from you!