If your questions are not answered by this post, use the ASK button in the top right to tell us what’s missing!
Although Credit Card Insider does receive compensation from some card issuers as advertisers, this does not in any way influence our overall judgement of a card, or how one card is compared to another. RCI and Barclaycard have not endorsed this content in any way.
Learn more about how we rate credit and charge cards.
The RCI® Elite Rewards® MasterCard was created for members of RCI, a major timeshare vacation network.
Cardholders earn 2 Rewards per dollar spent on RCI purchases, and can redeem them in a number of ways (note: you don’t earn points or cash back with this card – instead, the rewards you get are simply called “Rewards”).
It’s a fairly simple card, and you’d only want it if you’re already very interested in using RCI to stay in timeshares. Read on to learn about the types of rewards it offers, how it could help you save some money on vacations, and if it’s really the right card for you.
For People with
- Annual Fee: $0
- Interest Rate: 15.24%, 19.24%, or 22.24% *Variable
Quick Card Facts
- Earn 2 points for every $1 spent on RCI® purchases
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
This card provides:
- 2 Rewards per dollar on eligible purchases from RCI, which includes more than you might expect:
- purchases from RCI
- room charges for properties found through RCI
- participating car rental companies
- purchases and special promotions from Bonus Rewards Partners listed on the RCI website
- 1 Reward per dollar on all other purchases
- 2,500 bonus Rewards after you make your first purchase
- Opportunities to earn more Rewards per dollar from Bonus Rewards Partners
You can redeem your Rewards in a number of ways:
- gift cards to use while on vacation
- travel expenses
- pay for sports equipment, like golf clubs and tennis rackets
- pay for appliances and and home furnishings
- treat yourself to some unique experiences like hot air balloon rides or white-water rafting.
The Costs & Fees
|Annual Fee||Intro APR for Purchases and Balance Transfers||Regular APR||Regular Balance Transfer APR||Cash Advance APR||Foreign Transaction Fee|
|$0||0% for 6 months||15.24%, 19.24%, or 22.24% *Variable||15.24%, 19.24%, or 22.24% *Variable||25.49% *Variable||3%|
|Penalty APR||Late Fee||Returned Payment Fee|
|See Terms||Up to $37||Up to $37|
The Bottom Line
If you already vacation with RCI, the RCI® Elite Rewards® MasterCard has the potential to save you a small chunk of cash with every stay, eventually adding up to a nice discount. Just be sure to cash in your rewards to pay for expenses.
But, keep in mind that other general use rewards cards might be equally rewarding, if not even more so. The Citi Double Cash card, for example, gives you 2% cash back on every single purchase you make. So take some time to shop around and check out your options before making a decision.
How do you like your RCI Elite Rewards MasterCard? Does it save you money and make your vacations more convenient? Click here to leave your own review for other visitors, we’d love to hear from you!