If your questions are not answered by this post, use the ASK button in the top right to tell us what’s missing!
Although Credit Card Insider does receive compensation from some card issuers as advertisers, this does not in any way influence our overall judgement of a card. Bank of America has not endorsed this content in any way.
Learn more about how we rate credit and charge cards.
The BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Credit Card is a popular reward credit card, offering cash back for the kinds of purchases we all make pretty often.
You’ll earn 3% back on gas, and 2% at the grocery store. There’s no annual fee to worry about, and you’ll get a pretty long 0% introductory APR too.
This is a fairly simply card, but that makes it a good option for these simple purchases. Read on to learn if it might be right for you.
For People with
- Annual Fee: $0
- Interest Rate: 13.24% - 23.24% *Variable
Quick Card Facts
- $100 online cash rewards bonus after you spend at least $500 on purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- 1% cash back on every purchase, 2% at grocery stores and 3% on gas for the first $1,500 in combined grocery/gas purchases each quarter
- No annual fee
- No changing categories and no expiration on rewards
- 0% Introductory APR for 12 billing cycles for purchases and for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days, then, 12.99% - 22.99% Variable APR. 3% fee (min $10) applies to balance transfers.
- Get a 10% customer bonus every time you redeem your cash back into a Bank of America® checking or savings account
- If you're a Preferred Rewards client, you can increase that bonus to 25%-75%. Click "Apply Now" to learn more about Preferred Rewards.
- Now with chip technology for enhanced security and protection at chip-enabled terminals
Logging In To Your Account
Once you’ve been approved for this card, you can log in to your account at bankofamerica.com. If you have more than one Bank of America card or account, you’ll be able to select the one you’d like.
You’ll see all of your account details, and a variety of options to view your finances, manage your account, redeem rewards, and request services.
This card provides:
- 3% cash back on purchases of gas
- 2% cash back on purchases of groceries and at wholesale clubs
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
- $100 sign-up bonus for spending $500 in the first 90 days (online applicants only)
- 10% cash back bonus if you redeem your rewards into a Bank of America checking or savings account (up to 75% bonus for accounts with very large balances)
Your 3% and 2% rewards are limited to the first $2,500 in purchases every quarter. After that, you’ll earn 1% cash back on gas and groceries.
These rewards are pretty straightforward. If you use this card, it’s easy to remember that this is your go-to option for gas and groceries.
This card comes with the following features, as well as certain benefits provided by Visa. Visa has two benefit levels: Visa Platinum, and the upgraded Visa Signature.
You’ll receive a Visa Platinum card if your credit limit is less than $5,000, and a Visa Signature if it’s at least $5,000.
Check your card’s Guide to Benefits to learn the exact benefits that are available to you, and how to access them.
Get alerts about account information on your phone.
Pay your credit card bill online, transfer funds, check available credit and more.
Send a text and get important account information.
You will not be held responsible for unauthorized use of your card.
Link a Bank of America account with your card to prevent declined purchases and returned checks.
Protection when you are shopping online.
Visa Platinum or Visa Signature Benefits
Check your Guide to Benefits to learn the details of your specific benefits. Read more about Visa Platinum or Visa Signature benefits.
The Costs & Fees
|Annual Fee||Intro APR for Purchases and Balance Transfers||Regular APR for Purchases and Balance Transfers||Cash Advance APR||Foreign Transaction Fee|
|$0||0% for 12 months||13.24% - 23.24% *Variable||16.24% - 25.24% *Variable||3%|
|Penalty APR||Late Fee||Returned Payment Fee|
|Up to 29.99% *Variable||Up to $37||Up to $27|
The Bottom Line
The BankAmericard Cash Rewards Credit Card is one of the better cards available for frequent purchases of gas and groceries.
If you’re like most people you’ll be buying these fairly often, so you might as well get a bit of a discount on them. The 3% and 2% cash back might not seem like a whole lot, but over the years it will add up to a hefty sum.
There’s no annual fee to worry about, and you’ll get a nice 0% intro APR for 12 months. As long as you use it responsibly, and avoid paying interest, this card shouldn’t cost you any money.
Do you use this card? How do you like it? Leave your own review of the BankAmericard Cash Rewards Card.