Did you know that you can change the due dates on your credit cards?
Being able to pick your own due dates gives you more control. If you do it well, it can make paying off your credit cards a bit easier and more convenient.
Most of the major card issuers will let you do this, and it’s usually easy to do online.
There are a few reasons you might want to change your due date:
- To sync up your due date with your other bills for convenience: It can be easier to deal with multiple bills if they all arrive at the same time each month.
- To separate your due date from your other bills: On the other hand, if all your bills arrive at once, it may be tempting to only pay the minimum amount for your credit card. Separating the due date may encourage you to pay more.
- To align with your pay day: If you’re waiting on a pay check to pay your credit card bill, you may want to move the due date back so you won’t be late.
Changing your due date is a pretty simple process. Just find your card issuer below and follow the instructions. You may need to set up a payment method before you can choose a due date.
There are occasionally some restrictions. Some issuers may only allow you to change your due date every 3 billing cycles, or every 90 days.
You’ll only be able to select days from 1-28, because those are the days that all months share. Some issuer may have other restrictions on certain dates, like weekends.
If you don’t see an option to change your due date online, that doesn’t mean you’re stuck with the one you have. You can often change your due date by calling your card issuer and asking.
If this page doesn’t answer your questions, or if you have some information or images for a card issuer we don’t have listed here, just use the Ask button at the top to let us know!
You can change your payment due date once every 3 billing cycles.
- Log in, and the click “Payments” near the top.
- Click the “Change Monthly Payment Due Date” link near the bottom of the page.
You can choose a range of dates from the beginning or end of the month.
- Log in, and click the “Services” button near the top.
- Click the “Change payment due date” link in the drop-down menu.
- On the next screen, click the “Change payment due date” link.
Bank of America
You cannot currently request a new due date online for Bank of America cards. But you can call customer service to request a new date.
Just call the number on the back of your card, or see our listing of Bank of America phone numbers.
- Log in, and click the “Services” button near the top of the page.
- Click the “Change Payment Due Date” button.
(If you have a screenshot of this process, feel free to let us know with the Ask button at the top. Thanks!)
- Log in, and click the “Things you can do” button at the top of the page.
- Click the “Update settings & preferences” button.
- From the drop-down menu, click the “Payment due date” button.
You’ll have a range of dates to choose from, from the beginning, middle, and end of the month.
- Log in, click the account menu in the top right
- Click Settings
- Click the “Manage Payment Due Date” link once the Settings screen shows up
You won’t be able to change your due date to a weekend.
- Log in, and click the “Activity & Payments” button at the top.
- Click the “Change Payment Due Date” link in the drop-down menu.
You can’t change your due date online with USAA, but if you call customer service you may be able to get a new due date.
Just use the phone number on the back of your card. If you can’t find it, check out our listing of USAA contact numbers.