Credit Card Insider is an independent, advertising supported website. Credit Card Insider receives compensation from some credit card issuers as advertisers. Advertiser relationships do not affect card ratings or our Editor’s Best Card Picks. Credit Card Insider has not reviewed all available credit card offers in the marketplace. Content is not provided or commissioned by any credit card issuers. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information, though all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on any ‘Apply Now’ button, the most up-to-date terms and conditions, rates, and fee information will be presented by the issuer. Credit Card Insider has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Credit Card Insider and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. A list of these issuers can be found on our Editorial Guidelines.
The Jasper Mastercard is designed for professionals who have relocated to the U.S., or will do so within 60 days. You don’t need a credit history or SSN to apply, but you’ll need to provide an SSN later on. This card was formerly known as the CreditStacks Mastercard.
Highlights(Rates & Fees)
- Up to 6% cash back by referring friends!
- Start with 1% and get an extra 1% for a full year for every friend you bring on board
- Cash back not limited to certain categories, earn on almost all everyday purchases
- No annual fee, no security deposit, no foreign transaction fees
- Simple, intuitive app to manage your account
- Unique auto payment options that help you build and maintain your credit score
- Receive cash back automatically every month as a statement credit after three on time payments
- Earn cash back as long as your account is in good standing
- Your cash back maximum varies based on your credit limit
- See Jasper’s terms and fees
- Issued by WebBank, Member FDIC
ABOUT THE ISSUER
Manage your Account & Pay your Bill
You can usually pay your bill online on yourCredit card issuer's website
Speak to Customer Service
The Jasper Mastercard may be particularly useful for professionals who have recently moved to the U.S. Establishing a credit history from scratch is tough, because most financial products, like credit cards, usually require you to already have some credit. You also usually need a Social Security number or ITIN.
So how can you get approved if you don’t have any credit to begin with?
The Jasper card solves that problem because it doesn’t always require a traditional credit history or SSN to apply. Instead, anyone can apply, from any country, as long as you’re planning to relocate to the U.S. in the next 60 days after applying. However, a SSN will need to be provided within 60 days of card activation; and applicants who have been living in the U.S. for a year or more will need to provide an SSN when applying.
There’s no annual fee, and you can use this card to improve your credit by building up a positive history of on-time payments. It reports to all three credit bureaus: Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion.
You can view the cardholder agreement for this card here: (Rates & Fees).
Looking for an alternative way to build credit for immigrants to the U.S. who don’t have an SSN? Check out personal loans from Stilt.