This is a high-end travel card made of stainless steel. It has a relatively high annual fee, but comes with many benefits not found on cards with lower annual fees.
The Altitude competes with other similar cards on the market, like:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Chase Sapphire Reserve Card
- Citi Prestige® Card
- MasterCard® Black Card™
Right now, this card is only available people who have been a U.S. Bank customer for a minimum of 35 days prior to submitting an application. According to the U.S. Bank website, that’s defined as having a “Checking or Savings account, Certificate of Deposit, Mortgage, Home Equity Loan, Home Equity Line of Credit, Auto/Boat/RV Loan, Personal Loans and Lines, Private Banking account or Consumer Credit Card issued by U.S. Bank.”
Confused about all the different amounts listed on your credit card bill? Read our guide to paying credit cards here.
- Annual Fee $400
- Intro Purchase APR -
- Regular Purchase APR 16.49% Variable
- 3 points per dollar spent on travel
- 3 points per dollar spent with mobile wallet purchases
- 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- Signup Bonus 50,000 bonus points for spending $4,500 in the first 90 days of membership
- Chip Technology Chip-and-Signature
- Foreign Transaction Fee None
- Intro Balance Transfer APR -
- Regular Balance Transfer APR 16.49% Variable
- Cash Advance APR 24.74% Variable
- Penalty APR N/A
- Late Fee Up to $38
- Returned Payment Fee Up to $35
Check your card's Guide to Benefits to learn the specific benefits your card offers and how to access them. Learn more about credit card benefits here.
- $325 annual travel credit
- TSA PreCheck and Global Entry application fee reimbursement (every 4 years)
- Airport lounge access: free year of Priority Pass Select membership. Costs $27 per person per visit, but it’s waived for the first four visits.
- Airplane Wi-Fi access: 12 passes for Gogo in-flight Wi-Fi sessions per year
- Benefits at Relais & Chateaux luxury hotels, like room updgrades
- Benefits at hotels that are part of the Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection, like room upgrades and food and beverage credits
- Up to 30% off rentals from Silvercar two days or longer
- 15% off and $30 off your first ride with GroundLink Black Car Service
Read about experiences others have had with this card and leave your own review here.
Submit your review