Issued by the United Nations Federal Credit Union (UNFCU), the UNFCU® Elite Visa® Card offers travel rewards, travel benefits, and travel insurances to cardholders.
This card is available to members of the United Nations Federal Credit Union (UNFCU), which is open to employees of the United Nations, UN Specialized Agencies, and their families.
Confused about all the different amounts listed on your credit card bill? Read our guide to paying credit cards here.
- Annual Fee $50
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months
- Regular Purchase APR 9.90% (Variable)
- Earn 2 points for every $1 spent on groceries and at restaurants
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all purchases
- Signup Bonus None
- Chip Technology Chip-and-Signature & Chip-and-PIN
- Foreign Transaction Fee 0%
- Intro Balance Transfer APR 0% for 6 months
- Regular Balance Transfer APR 9.90% (Variable)
- Cash Advance APR 9.90% (Variable)
- Penalty APR -
- Late Fee $10
- Returned Payment Fee $25
Check your card's Guide to Benefits to learn the specific benefits your card offers and how to access them. Learn more about credit card benefits here.
- Access to Airport VIP Lounges: When you sign up for PriorityPass™ you get 5 free visits annually at any of the participating airport lounges, $27 per person per visit after that.
- Compatible w/ Apple Pay™
- Concierge Service
- Low Cost Credit Disability Debt Protection: Help with making your payments if you become disabled.
- Identity Theft Protection: Help if you get your identity stolen.
- Fraud Protection: You will not be held responsible for unauthorized purchases made on your card.
- Emergency Cash & Credit Card Replacement
- Verified by Visa®: Protect your card with a unique password.
- Credit Life Protection: In the event of death, you can get eligible credit card debt cancelled; up to $20,000.
- Purchase Protection: Purchases are covered against theft or damage.
- Travel and Emergency Assistance: Provides help with emergencies, including legal and medical referrals.
- Trip Cancellation / Trip Interruption Insurance: If a trip is disrupted for an eligible reason, provides reimbursement up for non-refundable costs.
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver: Provides coverage against theft and collision, as long as the car rental company’s own insurance is declined.
- Travel Accident Insurance: Get reimbursed up to $500,000 if you or a family member gets in an accident while traveling.
- Roadside Assistance: Assistance with services such as towing, changing a flat, or boosting a battery in case of emergency.
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement: If checked or carry-on bags are lost, stolen, or damaged, provides reimbursement up to $3,000 per trip.
- Global Mobile Property Insurance: Protect your assets while traveling.
- This card comes with Visa benefits. You will be provided with a list of benefits available to you once you get approved for your card.
Read about experiences others have had with this card and leave your own review here.
Submit your review
I actually spoke with a customer service representative named Lisa who advised me that since I live in Maryland and travel to Washington on a daily basis 12 miles away I need to call Lynn to customer service to let them know I am traveling to a different location to avoid having the card refused. Absolutely amazing! I then inquired if I go 12 miles in the other direction which would be Virginia do I also need to call to let them know I am traveling to Virginia her response was yes it would be a good idea. Obviously this is not a card you want to use if you commute more than 12 miles away from your residence into a different state or vicinity either that or their customer service staff is terribly misinformed. What makes it worse, they advertise this card as their premier card!