JCPenney Credit Card
Credit Card Insider is an independent, advertising supported website. Credit Card Insider receives compensation from some credit card issuers as advertisers. Advertiser relationships do not affect card ratings or our Editor’s Best Card Picks. Credit Card Insider has not reviewed all available credit card offers in the marketplace. Content is not provided or commissioned by any credit card issuers. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information, though all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on any ‘Apply Now’ button, the most up-to-date terms and conditions, rates, and fee information will be presented by the issuer. Credit Card Insider has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Credit Card Insider and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. A list of these issuers can be found on our Editorial Guidelines.
Though it doesn’t come loaded with a whole lot of benefits, the JCPenney Credit Card can only benefit you, as long as you’re a responsible cardholder. There’s no annual fee or unusual terms, and you can unlock Gold & Platinum rewards by spending enough per year. Just make sure you pay off your credit statement in full every month, or you’ll have to deal with a higher than average purchase APR.
JCPenney Credit Card
- Earn $10 at JCPenney for every 200 points you earn
- 15% or 5% off select purchases on the day you open your card
- 1 point per $1 spent at JCPenney using your card, and 1 point per $2 spent using another form of payment
- Gold status after spending at least $500 in a year
- Platinum status after spending at least $100 in a year
- $10 or $15 birthday gift each year on your birthday
- Free shipping from JCPenney.com with Platinum status
- Earn up to 2,000 points on a single purchase
- No annual fee
- High APR of 27.99%
The JCPenney Credit Card is a store card that is only usable at JCPenney. Cardholders get a $10 JCPenney reward for every 200 points earned and a number of other shopping benefits, but these features come with a high interest rate.
You’ll also get a special gift on your birthday and 15% off select purchases made on the day you open your card.
This card has no annual fee.