The Discover it® Miles is a relatively new card offered by Discover. It comes with no annual fee, a decent APR, and generous rewards.
Cardholders will earn 1.5 miles per dollar for all purchases, and at the end of the year Discover will double the total miles earned. This effectively means you’ll be earning 3 miles per dollar for the first year, though you won’t have access to the miles until the end of the year.
Confused about all the different amounts listed on your credit card bill? Read our guide to paying credit cards here.
- Annual Fee $0
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 14 Months
- Regular Purchase APR 11.74%–23.74% Variable
- 1.5 miles for every dollar spent on purchases
- 100 miles equals $1.00 value
- Miles never expire
- Miles can be redeemed for any amount for cash or to credit travel purchases on your statement
- $30 back each year for in-flight Wi-Fi purchases
- Discover will double your miles after the first year of use
- Signup Bonus Double miles on earned rewards your first year
- Chip Technology Chip-and-Signature
- Foreign Transaction Fee $0
- Intro Balance Transfer APR 10.99% for 14 Months
- Regular Balance Transfer APR 11.74%–23.74% Variable
- Cash Advance APR 25.74%
- Penalty APR None
- Late Fee $0 the first time; up to $35 after that
- Returned Payment Fee Up to $35
Check your card's Guide to Benefits to learn the specific benefits your card offers and how to access them. Learn more about credit card benefits here.
- Choose from a number of different designs to personalize your card
- Pay your bill up until midnight the day it’s due: Online or by phone.
- Temporarily Freeze Your Account: Freeze your account when you lose your card, and unfreeze it when you find it. Use the Freeze button on the Discover website or mobile app, or call customer service.
- Card Replacement: Free overnight shipping in the U.S. if you need your card replaced.
- Spend Analyzer Financial Tool: Use the Spend Analyzer tool to view your purchases by category and get insights into your spending habits.
- $0 Fraud Liability Guarantee: Cardholders are not responsible for unauthorized purchases on this card.
- Purchase Protection: Provides coverage for purchases against damage or theft, up to $500 per item.
- Price Protection: If you find an item you bought being advertised for a lesser price within 90 days of purchase, you can be reimbursed for the difference.
- Extended Product Warranty: Adds up to 1 year to a manufacturer’s warranty of 3 years or less.
- Return Guarantee: Items can be returned even if the manufacturer won’t take them back, up to $500 and for up to 90 days after the date of purchase.
- Cash At Checkout: When shopping at participating locations, you can get cash back immediately by charging an additional amount over your purchase.
- Auto Rental Insurance: Covers rented vehicles against collision damage when the car rental company’s insurance is declined.
- Flight Accident Insurance: You and your family are automatically covered on airline flights, up to $500,000.
- No Blackout Dates: Fly any airlines at any time.
- This card comes with Discover benefits. You will be provided with a list of specific benefits when you get your card.
Read about experiences others have had with this card and leave your own review here.
Submit your review