Deserve Edu Mastercard
Credit Card Insider is an independent, advertising supported website. Credit Card Insider receives compensation from some credit card issuers as advertisers. Advertiser relationships do not affect card ratings or our Editor’s Best Card Picks. Credit Card Insider has not reviewed all available credit card offers in the marketplace. Content is not provided or commissioned by any credit card issuers. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information, though all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on any ‘Apply Now’ button, the most up-to-date terms and conditions, rates, and fee information will be presented by the issuer. Credit Card Insider has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Credit Card Insider and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. A list of these issuers can be found on our Editorial Guidelines.
Deserve Edu Mastercard
- Receive one year of Amazon Prime Student on Deserve after spending $500 in the first three billing cycles with your EDU card (Lifetime Value of $59).
- Earn 1% Cash Back on all purchases with your Deserve EDU Mastercard. Once approved, you’ll automatically start earning cash back on all purchases.
- Feel secure with cell phone protection up to $600.
- No deposit required. No annual fees.
- No international transaction fees on purchases abroad so you can travel with confidence.
- No Social Security Number required for international students to apply.
- Refer A Friend Program: Refer anyone to Deserve using your personal referral code. Upon approval, card activation and use, you’ll receive $30 and so will your referral. Referral bonuses are unlimited!
- Manage and track your spending, set automatic payments and securely freeze your card all through one easy to use app.
- See if you prequalify with no impact to your credit score in minutes.
- Deserve Mastercards are issued by Celtic Bank, Member FDIC.
- Enjoy Mastercard Platinum Benefits intended to make your life easier like Mastercard ID Theft Prevention(TM) and Master Rental(R).
The Deserve Edu credit card is available for college students with limited or no credit, both native to the U.S. and international.
You’ll only get 1% cash back for purchases, there’s no fee for foreign transactions, and you’ll get a waiver for your first late payment if necessary.
Some cardholders may be given an offer of a one-year membership to Priority Pass Select for spending $1,000 within 120 days of receiving the offer. This provides airport lounge access at hundreds of lounges around the world, although you’ll need to pay a $27 fee per visit for you and each guest. You must use your Deserve card as the primary payment method for Priority Pass charges, and your card must be on file with Priority Pass and in good standing at the time of lounge visit.
You don’t need an SSN to apply for this card, and no security deposit is required. International students will need their student visa, passport ID, school document (e.g. I-20 or DS 2019), and proof of a U.S. bank account balance.
When applying for the Deserve credit cards, Deserve will consider not only your credit history but also education, current financial health, future employability, and earnings potential. This gives people with poor credit or thin credit files a better chance of approval.
Take note that Deserve will need to connect to your bank account to verify your balance. If you have privacy or security concerns this might worry you, but it seems logical because Deserve bases its decision on more than just an applicant’s credit history.