The Control Prepaid MasterCard® is a prepaid card that comes with two different plans, the Basic Fee Plan and the Discount Fee Plan. The latter plan applies after $500 is deposited into the users account during one calendar month. This brings the monthly fees down from $7.95 per month to $5.00 per month.
This is not actually a credit card!
Keep in mind prepaid cards generally do not help you build credit since they don’t report to the credit bureaus. If you have bad credit and would like to build credit, a secured card may be a better option.
- Annual Fee Up to $7.95 monthly fee
- Intro Purchase APR -
- Regular Purchase APR -
- Signup Bonus None
- Chip Technology None
- Foreign Transaction Fee -
- Intro Balance Transfer APR -
- Regular Balance Transfer APR -
- Cash Advance APR -
- Penalty APR -
- Late Fee -
- Returned Payment Fee -
Check your card's Guide to Benefits to learn the specific benefits your card offers and how to access them. Learn more about credit card benefits here.
- Custom Cards
- Free Direct Deposit
- Cardholder to Cardholder Transfer
- Purchase Cushion: You’ll be covered up to $10 if you overdraw from your account.
- Savings Account: Optional savings account that offers 5.00% APY.
- Cash Back Rewards: On select offers from your favorite stores, restaurants and service providers.
- Refer A Friend: Get up to a $20 credit for referring a friend.
- Surcharge-Free ATM Network: At 35,000 AllPoint ATMs located nationwide.
- Prescription Discounts: Up to 55% off the normal retail price of prescriptions at most major pharmacies.
- Life Benefits: Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) coverage for cardholders that get the Account Upgrade.
- Refill a Prepaid Phone: Add $25 or more to a prepaid phone, and get a $1 credit.
- This card comes with Mastercard benefits. You will be provided with a list of benefits available to you once you get approved for your card.
Read about experiences others have had with this card and leave your own review here.
Submit your review
The card is great but customer service is a bummer. They took my through he'll and and for 7 days just to transfer money from my control card, to my netspend card. Telling me that they wanted to verify who I was, but was willing to mail a card to the address I gave them without verification.