The Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card for College Students is a great credit card for students. In fact, we picked it for our Three Best Credit Cards For Young Adults and College Students.
See how this card compares to others in the Discover it® for Students vs Citi ThankYou Preferred Card for College Students.
- Annual Fee $0
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 7 months
- Regular Purchase APR 13.99%, 18.99%, or 23.99% (Variable)
- Earn 2 points for every $1 spent on restaurants and entertainment
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- 2,500 bonus points for spending $500 in 3 months
- Points never expire
- Signup Bonus 2,500 bonus points when you spend $500 in the first 3 months
- Chip Technology Chip-and-Signature
- Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
- Intro Balance Transfer APR -
- Regular Balance Transfer APR 13.99%, 18.99%, or 23.99% (Variable); transfers must be completed within the first 2 months from opening your account
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% (Variable)
- Penalty APR Up to 29.99% (Variable)
- Late Fee Up to $35
- Returned Payment Fee Up to $35
Check your card's Guide to Benefits to learn the specific benefits your card offers and how to access them. Learn more about credit card benefits here.
24/7 Concierge Service
A personal assistant to help with almost any non-emergency tasks, like restaurant reservations and finding hard-to-find items.
Special access to thousands of events and experiences, including presale access to sports and complimentary dining.
You are not held responsible for unauthorized transactions on your card.
Eligible warranties of 5 years or less can be extended by up to an additional year; up to $10,000 of coverage per year.
Registered purchases are automatically tracked for 60, and you can request reimbursement if a lower price is found; up to $300 per item, $1200 per year.
Purchases are covered for 120 days against theft or damage; up to $1,000 per item, up to $50,000 per year.
Trip Cancellation / Trip Interruption Insurance
If a trip is disrupted for an eligible reason, provides reimbursement up to $1,500 per year for non-refundable costs.
Travel Accident Insurance
Get reimbursed up to $250,000 if you or a family member gets in an accident while traveling.
Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
Provides coverage against theft and collision, as long as the car rental company’s own insurance is declined; up to $50,000.