Citi Simplicity® Card
Credit Card Insider is an independent, advertising supported website. Credit Card Insider receives compensation from some credit card issuers as advertisers. Advertiser relationships do not affect card ratings or our Editor’s Best Card Picks. Credit Card Insider has not reviewed all available credit card offers in the marketplace. Content is not provided or commissioned by any credit card issuers. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information, though all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on any ‘Apply Now’ button, the most up-to-date terms and conditions, rates, and fee information will be presented by the issuer. Credit Card Insider has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Credit Card Insider and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. A list of these issuers can be found on our Editorial Guidelines.
As the name suggests, the Citi Simplicity Card keeps it simple. A great choice to help pay off credit cards with higher rates, it has a very long 0% introductory balance transfer period, with a solid purchase APR period. While it offers no rewards, it also comes with no annual fee, late fee, or penalty APR.
Citi is a Credit Card Insider advertiser.
- Free Credit Score
- Zero Liability on Unauthorized Charges
- Discount Portal
- Purchase Protection
Citi Simplicity® Card
- No Late Fees, No Penalty Rate, and No Annual Fee… Ever
- 0% Intro APR for 21 months on balance transfers from date of first transfer and 0% Intro APR for 12 months on purchases from date of account opening. After that the variable APR will be 14.74% – 24.74%, based on your creditworthiness. Balance transfers must be completed within 4 months of account opening.
- There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
- The standard variable APR for Citi Flex Plan is 14.74% – 24.74%, based on your creditworthiness. Citi Flex Plan offers are made available at Citi’s discretion.
- Stay protected with Citi® Quick Lock and $0 liability on unauthorized charges
The Citi Simplicity Card offers a long 0% introductory balance transfer APR for 21 months, which few other credit cards can match, and some general shopping and travel benefits.
Purchases will get 0% for 12 months. After the intro periods are over, a regular rate of 14.74% - 24.74% (Variable) will apply for both purchases and balance transfers.
This makes the Simplicity one of the best cards for paying off credit card balances and new purchases.
There’s no annual fee, no late fees, and no penalty APR.