The Citi®/AAdvantage® Platinum Select® MasterCard® offers American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles for making purchases through American Airlines and US Airlines, as well as some great benefits and a generous sign-up bonus.
See how this card compares in our Review of the Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard® and the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard®.
Confused about all the different amounts listed on your credit card bill? Read our guide to paying credit cards here.
- Annual Fee $95
- Intro Purchase APR -
- Regular Purchase APR 13.99%, 15.99%, 17.99%, 19.99%, or 21.99% (Variable)
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent on qualifying American Airlines and US Airways purchases
- Earn 1 AAdvantage mile for every $1 spent on other purchases
- You can redeem up to 10% of your earned AAdvantage Miles for more AAdvantage miles; limit 10,000 miles
- Signup Bonus 30,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles when you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months
- Chip Technology Chip-and-Signature
- Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
- Intro Balance Transfer APR -
- Regular Balance Transfer APR 13.99%, 15.99%, 17.99%, 19.99%, or 21.99% (Variable)
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% (Variable)
- Penalty APR Up to 29.99% (Variable)
- Late Fee Up to $35
- Returned Payment Fee Up to $35
Check your card's Guide to Benefits to learn the specific benefits your card offers and how to access them. Learn more about credit card benefits here.
- First Bag Checked Free: First bag gets checked for free for you and 4 other companions.
- Reduced Mileage Awards: Fly for 7,500 fewer AAdvantage® miles. Check out aa.com/reducedmileageawards for more information.
- 25% In-flight Savings: On food and beverages purchased in-flight
- Priority Boarding: Cardholders qualify for Group 1 boarding on American Airlines and Zone 2 on US Airways.
- Citi with Apple Pay™: Use Apple Pay™ at over 200,000 stores with the iPhone® 6, or in-app with the iPad Air™ 2 and iPad mini™ 3.
- Extended Warranty Protection: Eligible warranties of 5 years or less can be extended by up to an additional year.
- Price Protection: If you made a purchase in the U.S. that you find advertised at a cheaper price within 60 days, you can get reimbursed the difference; up to $300 per item, $1200 per year.
- Purchase Protection: Purchases are covered for 120 days against theft or damage; up to $1,000 per item, up to $50,000 per year.
- Travel & Emergency Assistance: A variety of emergency services are offered with this card, such as legal and medical referrals, emergency transportation, lost luggage and many more.
- Automatic Travel Accident Insurance: For trips on buses, planes, trains and ships you are automatically covered in the case of physical accidents.
- Auto Rental Insurance: For theft and damage to rental vehicles. This offer only applies if the car rental company’s insurance is declined.
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement: If checked or carry-on bags are lost, stolen, or damaged, provides reimbursement up to $3,000 per trip.
- Trip Cancellation / Trip Interruption Insurance: If a trip is disrupted for an eligible reason, provides reimbursement up to $5,000 for non-refundable costs.
- This card comes with Mastercard benefits. You will be provided with a list of benefits available to you once you get approved for your card.