The Citi®/AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard® offers American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles for making purchases through American Airlines and US Airlines, as well as some great benefits and a generous sign-up bonus.
See how this card compares in our Review of the Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World Mastercard® and the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® World Mastercard®.
Confused about all the different amounts listed on your credit card bill? Read our guide to paying credit cards here.
- Annual Fee $95
- Intro Purchase APR -
- Regular Purchase APR 13.99%, 15.99%, 17.99%, 19.99%, or 21.99% (Variable)
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent on qualifying American Airlines and US Airways purchases
- Earn 1 AAdvantage mile for every $1 spent on other purchases
- You can redeem up to 10% of your earned AAdvantage Miles for more AAdvantage miles; limit 10,000 miles
- Signup Bonus 30,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles when you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months
- Chip Technology Chip-and-Signature
- Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
- Intro Balance Transfer APR -
- Regular Balance Transfer APR 13.99%, 15.99%, 17.99%, 19.99%, or 21.99% (Variable)
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% (Variable)
- Penalty APR Up to 29.99% (Variable)
- Late Fee Up to $35
- Returned Payment Fee Up to $35
Check your card's Guide to Benefits to learn the specific benefits your card offers and how to access them. Learn more about credit card benefits here.
- First Bag Checked Free: First bag gets checked for free for you and 4 other companions.
- Reduced Mileage Awards: Fly for 7,500 fewer AAdvantage® miles. Check out aa.com/reducedmileageawards for more information.
- 25% In-flight Savings: On food and beverages purchased in-flight
- Priority Boarding: Cardholders qualify for Group 1 boarding on American Airlines and Zone 2 on US Airways.
- Citi with Apple Pay™: Use Apple Pay™ at over 200,000 stores with the iPhone® 6, or in-app with the iPad Air™ 2 and iPad mini™ 3.
- Extended Warranty Protection: Eligible warranties of 5 years or less can be extended by up to an additional year.
- Price Protection: If you made a purchase in the U.S. that you find advertised at a cheaper price within 60 days, you can get reimbursed the difference; up to $300 per item, $1200 per year.
- Purchase Protection: Purchases are covered for 120 days against theft or damage; up to $1,000 per item, up to $50,000 per year.
- Travel & Emergency Assistance: A variety of emergency services are offered with this card, such as legal and medical referrals, emergency transportation, lost luggage and many more.
- Automatic Travel Accident Insurance: For trips on buses, planes, trains and ships you are automatically covered in the case of physical accidents.
- Auto Rental Insurance: For theft and damage to rental vehicles. This offer only applies if the car rental company’s insurance is declined.
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement: If checked or carry-on bags are lost, stolen, or damaged, provides reimbursement up to $3,000 per trip.
- Trip Cancellation / Trip Interruption Insurance: If a trip is disrupted for an eligible reason, provides reimbursement up to $5,000 for non-refundable costs.
- This card comes with Mastercard benefits. You will be provided with a list of benefits available to you once you get approved for your card.
Read about experiences others have had with this card and leave your own review here.
Submit your review