Citi® Secured Mastercard®
Credit Card Insider is an independent, advertising supported website. Credit Card Insider receives compensation from some credit card issuers as advertisers. Advertiser relationships do not affect card ratings or our Editor’s Best Card Picks. Credit Card Insider has not reviewed all available credit card offers in the marketplace. Content is not provided or commissioned by any credit card issuers. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information, though all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on any ‘Apply Now’ button, the most up-to-date terms and conditions, rates, and fee information will be presented by the issuer. Credit Card Insider has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Credit Card Insider and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. A list of these issuers can be found on our Editorial Guidelines.
While offering no rewards and limited benefits, the Citi Secured Mastercard presents a good way to build credit whether you’re new or working your way back from having bad credit. It requires a security deposit to fund your credit limit, but Citi may eventually return your deposit if you show responsible credit habits.
Citi is a Credit Card Insider advertiser.
Citi® Secured Mastercard®
- The Citi® Secured Mastercard® is a no annual fee credit card that helps you build your credit when used responsibly.
- Unlike a debit card, it helps build your credit history with monthly reporting to all 3 major credit bureaus. Once available, you will also have free access to your FICO score online.
- Use your card anywhere Mastercard® is accepted — worldwide.
- A security deposit is required. Once approved, your credit limit will be equal to your security deposit (minimum of $200).
- Get help staying on track with Auto Pay and account alerts.
- With Flexible Payment Due Dates, you can choose any available due date in the beginning, middle or end of the month.
- Manage your account 24/7 online, by phone, or in our mobile app.
- The standard variable APR for Citi Flex Plan is 22.49%. Citi Flex Plan offers are made available at Citi’s discretion.
The Citi Secured Mastercard is very simple, with no rewards and no annual fee. It’s a secured credit card, which means it requires a refundable security deposit when you’re approved.
This card has a minimum security deposit of $200, with a maximum of $2,500. Your credit limit will be equivalent to the amount of your deposit. If you don’t have a bank account you can apply for this card in person at a Citibank.