Citi Premier® Card
Credit Card Insider is an independent, advertising supported website. Credit Card Insider receives compensation from some credit card issuers as advertisers. Advertiser relationships do not affect card ratings or our Editor’s Best Card Picks. Credit Card Insider has not reviewed all available credit card offers in the marketplace. Content is not provided or commissioned by any credit card issuers. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information, though all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on any ‘Apply Now’ button, the most up-to-date terms and conditions, rates, and fee information will be presented by the issuer. Credit Card Insider has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Credit Card Insider and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. A list of these issuers can be found on our Editorial Guidelines.
The Citi Premier Card could be a good choice for travelers who spend money at a variety of hotels and airlines. You’ll earn points back on common travel expenses, plus some everyday purchases, and get some basic benefits along with more interesting perks like a concierge service.
Citi is a Credit Card Insider advertiser.
Citi Premier® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after you spend $4,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Earn 3 Points per $1 spent at Restaurants and Supermarkets
- Earn 3 Points per $1 spent at Gas Stations, Air Travel and Hotels
- Earn 1 Point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Annual Hotel Savings Benefit
- 80,000 Points are redeemable for $800 in gift cards when redeemed at thankyou.com
- No expiration and no limit to the amount of points you can earn with this card
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases
The Citi Premier Card is a solid travel card, offering 3X ThankYou points per dollar at restaurants, supermarkets, gas stations, hotels, and on air travel. All other purchases are worth just 1X ThankYou point per dollar.
Cardholders get some decent benefits, like the Citi Concierge and Citi Private Pass, along with the ability to transfer points to a number of frequent flyer airline programs.
The Premier card has a $95 annual fee. There are no foreign transaction fees.