The United MileagePlus® Explorer Card offers some great rewards from frequent travelers.
This card is one of our picks for the Best Airline Credit Cards – Summer 2016.
Confused about all the different amounts listed on your credit card bill? Read our guide to paying credit cards here.
- Annual Fee $0 the first year, then $95
- Intro Purchase APR -
- Regular Purchase APR 16.24%- 23.24% *Variable
- 2 miles awarded for every $1 spent with United Airlines
- 1 mile awarded for every other $1 spent
- Add an authorized user in the first 3 months and get 5,000 bonus miles
- Spend $25,000 on your card and earn 10,000 bonus miles each year
- Miles never expire
- Signup Bonus Spend $1,000 in the first 3 months and get 30,000 bonus miles
- Chip Technology Chip-and-Signature
- Foreign Transaction Fee 0%
- Intro Balance Transfer APR -
- Regular Balance Transfer APR 16.24%- 23.24% *Variable
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% *Variable
- Penalty APR See Terms
- Late Fee Up to $37
- Returned Payment Fee Up to $37
Check your card's Guide to Benefits to learn the specific benefits your card offers and how to access them. Learn more about credit card benefits here.
- Priority Boarding Privileges
- Free First Checked Bags
- 2 One Time Use Passes to United Club: Includes complimentary beverages, snacks, and other amenities like work spaces, free Wi-Fi and more.
- Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection Privileges: Includes room upgrades, complimentary daily breakfast for two, early check-in, late checkout and other amenities at more than 750 luxury hotels and resorts worldwide.
- Access to Exclusive Events: Ranges from celebrity meet and greets to world-class cultural events.
- Fraud Protection: You will not be held responsible for unauthorized use of your card.
- Purchase Protection: Provides coverage for 90 days against theft and damage.
- Extended Warranty Protection: Extends a manufacturer’s warranty by 1 year, for warranties of 3 years or less.
- Travel and Emergency Assistance: Provides help with emergencies, including legal and medical referrals.
- Trip Cancellation / Trip Interruption Insurance: If a trip is disrupted for an eligible reason, provides reimbursement for non-refundable costs. Eligible reasons include severe weather and sickness.
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement: If checked or carry-on bags are lost or damaged, you get reimbursed.
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver: Provides coverage against theft and collision, as long as the car rental company’s own insurance is declined.
Visa Signature Benefits
- This card comes with Visa Signature benefits. You will be provided with a list of benefits available to you once you get approved for your card.