Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Credit Card Insider is an independent, advertising supported website. Credit Card Insider receives compensation from some credit card issuers as advertisers. Advertiser relationships do not affect card ratings or our Editor’s Best Card Picks. Credit Card Insider has not reviewed all available credit card offers in the marketplace. Content is not provided or commissioned by any credit card issuers. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information, though all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on any ‘Apply Now’ button, the most up-to-date terms and conditions, rates, and fee information will be presented by the issuer. Credit Card Insider has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Credit Card Insider and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. A list of these issuers can be found on our Editorial Guidelines.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card is a good (and popular) general-use travel card, featuring extra points on travel and dining while offering a 1:1 transfer rate to several popular travel partners. Regular travelers who make good use of the card should find the annual fee quite reasonable.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash’s subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card is popular among travelers for its flexible rewards and redemptions, and in part because it’s made of metal.
It offers a hefty introductory bonus, flexible points that transfer to many frequent traveler programs at a 1:1 rate, and a 25% point bonus when redeeming for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
You’ll get 5X Ultimate Rewards points per dollar on Lyft rides (through March 2022) and travel via Ultimate Rewards, 3X points per dollar on dining at restaurants, and 2X points per dollar on other travel expenses. Use this card for all your travel and dining spending, and then use the points for travel expenses.
This card has a $95 annual fee, and no foreign transaction fees.