The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card is a popular card among travelers, offering a hefty signup bonus, flexible points that transfer to several frequent traveler programs, and big discounts when redeeming points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. People also like this card because it’s made of metal.
It is one of our picks for The Best Travel Credit Cards.
Confused about all the different amounts listed on your credit card bill? Read our guide to paying credit cards here.
- Annual Fee $95 - Waived first year
- Intro Purchase APR -
- Regular Purchase APR 17.49–24.49% Variable
- 2X points for every $1 spent on travel and dining at restaurants
- 1X point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Transfer points to eligible frequent travel programs, including British Airways Executive Club, Korean Air SKYPASS, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer, Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards®, United MileagePlus®, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club, Amtrak Guest Rewards®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, Marriott Rewards®, IHG®Rewards Club and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®
- Signup Bonus 50,000 bonus points for spending $4,000 in the first 3 months, 5,000 bonus points after adding an authorized user and making a purchase in the first 3 months
- Chip Technology Chip-and-Signature
- Foreign Transaction Fee 0%
- Intro Balance Transfer APR -
- Regular Balance Transfer APR 17.49–24.49% Variable
- Cash Advance APR 26.49% Variable
- Penalty APR See Terms
- Late Fee Up to $37
- Returned Payment Fee Up to $37
Check your card's Guide to Benefits to learn the specific benefits your card offers and how to access them. Learn more about credit card benefits here.
Exclusive Sapphire℠ Events and Experiences
Special travel and event opportunities for cardholders.
20% Off Travel
If you redeem for airfare, hotel stays, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
No Blackout Dates or Restrictions
As long as you can find a seat on the flight, you will be able to book it using Chase Ultimate Rewards.
Help planning your expenses and managing your account.
Year-end summary of your previous transactions
Get a birds-eye view on the years spending.
24/7 Access to Customer Service Specialists
Call anytime for professional customer service.
Zero Liability Protection
You will not be held responsible for unauthorized use of your card.
Provides coverage for 120 days against theft and damage, up to $500 per incident and $50,000 per account.
Extended Warranty Protection
Extends a manufacturer’s warranty by 1 year, for warranties of 3 years or less.
If you made a purchase in the U.S. that you find advertised at a cheaper price within 90 days, you can get reimbursed the difference; up to $500 per item, $2500 per year.
Store won’t take back your eligible item? No problem. Get reimbursed for eligible items purchased on your card if you make the return within 90 days of purchase; up to $500 per item, $1000 per year.
Chase Global Lifeline℠
24/7 emergency service assistance when traveling, including card replacement and cash access.
Trip Cancellation / Trip Interruption Insurance
If a trip is disrupted for an eligible reason, provides reimbursement up to $10,000 per trip for non-refundable costs.
Travel and Emergency Assistance
Provides help with emergencies, including legal and medical referrals.
Trip Delay Reimbursement
If a trip is delayed by over 12 hours, provides reimbursement for expenses like meals and lodging, up to $500 per ticket.
Lost Luggage Reimbursement
If checked or carry-on bags are lost or damaged, provides reimbursement up to $3,000 per passenger.
Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
Provides coverage against theft and collision, as long as the car rental company’s own insurance is declined.
Travel Accident Insurance
Accidental death or dismemberment coverage of up to $500,000 when you pay for travel by air, bus, train or cruise with your card.
Baggage Delay Insurance
Reimbursement for purchases such as toiletries and clothing when baggage delays go beyond 6 hours by the passenger carrier; up to $100 a day for 5 days.