Chase Sapphire Reserve®
Credit Card Insider is an independent, advertising supported website. Credit Card Insider receives compensation from some credit card issuers as advertisers. Advertiser relationships do not affect card ratings or our Editor’s Best Card Picks. Credit Card Insider has not reviewed all available credit card offers in the marketplace. Content is not provided or commissioned by any credit card issuers. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information, though all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on any ‘Apply Now’ button, the most up-to-date terms and conditions, rates, and fee information will be presented by the issuer. Credit Card Insider has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Credit Card Insider and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. A list of these issuers can be found on our Editorial Guidelines.
The Chase Sapphire Reserve has a top-tier annual fee, but don’t be shy because it provides some top-tier travel rewards and benefits as well. It offers a $300 travel credit, earns extra points on travel and dining, and has excellent point transfer and redemption opportunities.
Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year.
- Earn 5x total points on air travel and 10x total points on hotels and car rentals when you purchase travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards® immediately after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually. Earn 3x points on other travel and dining & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 50,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 50% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,300+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select and up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck®
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more
The Chase Sapphire Reserve Card offers some of the best travel rewards and benefits on the market.
Your $300 travel credit will apply to a wide variety of travel expenses, and you’ll get other benefits and features that are worth hundreds of dollars. They include Priority Pass Select airport lounge access, a $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck, and more. This is a Visa Infinite card, providing even more valuable services than Visa Signature.
The 3X reward rate will begin after you earn the annual $300 travel credit. So you won’t earn rewards on the first $300 of travel expenses, but you’ll get a statement credit to cover the costs.
This card has a large annual fee of $550, so make sure you’ll use it often enough to pay for the cost.
The information related to Chase Sapphire Reserve® has been collected by Credit Card Insider and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer or provider of this product.