Chase Freedom Flex℠
Credit Card Insider is an independent, advertising supported website. Credit Card Insider receives compensation from some credit card issuers as advertisers. Advertiser relationships do not affect card ratings or our Editor’s Best Card Picks. Credit Card Insider has not reviewed all available credit card offers in the marketplace. Content is not provided or commissioned by any credit card issuers. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information, though all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on any ‘Apply Now’ button, the most up-to-date terms and conditions, rates, and fee information will be presented by the issuer. Credit Card Insider has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Credit Card Insider and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. A list of these issuers can be found on our Editorial Guidelines.
The Chase Freedom Flex card is replacing the Chase Freedom card, offering more robust rewards and utilizing the Mastercard network as opposed to Visa. You’ll enjoy the same rotating rewards, additional cash back on travel and dining, and new Mastercard World Elite benefits.
The information related to Chase Freedom® has been collected by Credit Card Insider and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer or provider of this product.
- Free Credit Score
- Zero Liability on Unauthorized Charges
- Purchase Protection
- Extended Warranty Protection
- Auto Rental Insurance
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Trip Interruption Insurance
Chase Freedom Flex℠
- Earn a $200 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
- Earn 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target® or Walmart® purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
- Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
- Earn 5% on Chase travel purchased through Ultimate Rewards®, 3% on dining and drugstores, and 1% on all other purchases.
- No annual fee.
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases, then a variable APR of 14.99 – 23.74%.
- No minimum to redeem for cash back. Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
This card is essentially replacing the Chase Freedom card, and if you have the Freedom right now you’ll be given the option to request the new Flex card sometime in the future.
Just like the original Freedom, you’ll still earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 per quarter in rotating bonus categories. You’ll also get 5% cash back on all travel purchased through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal, 5% back on Lyft rides through March 2022, 3% on dining and drugstore purchases, and 1% back on everything else you purchase.
Here are the current and recent 5% cash back bonus categories:
|Quarter||2021 Categories||2020 Categories|
|January – March||
|April – June||
|July – September||
|October – December||
You’ll get Mastercard World Elite benefits such as purchase protection, auto rental damage collision waiver, extended warranty protection, and a handful of others— which you can find in your Guide to Benefits if you’re approved for the card.
The Freedom Flex Mastercard comes with no annual fee and a 3% foreign transaction fee.
The information related to Chase Freedom Flex℠ has been collected by Credit Card Insider and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer or provider of this product.