Credit Card Insider is an independent, advertising supported website. Credit Card Insider receives compensation from some credit card issuers as advertisers. Advertiser relationships do not affect card ratings or our Editor’s Best Card Picks. Credit Card Insider has not reviewed all available credit card offers in the marketplace. Content is not provided or commissioned by any credit card issuers. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information, though all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on any ‘Apply Now’ button, the most up-to-date terms and conditions, rates, and fee information will be presented by the issuer. Credit Card Insider has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Credit Card Insider and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. A list of these issuers can be found on our Editorial Guidelines.
The Surge Mastercard, designed for limited or bad credit, can help you build or improve your credit scores — but it comes with higher fees than your typical card, including monthly maintenance fees after your first year.
- See if you’re Pre-Qualified with no impact to your credit score
- All credit types welcome to apply
- Up to $1,000 credit limit doubles up to $2,000! (Simply make your first 6 monthly minimum payments on time)
- Free access to your Vantage 3.0 score from Experian* (When you sign up for e-statements)
- Monthly reporting to the three major credit bureaus
- Fast and easy application process; results in seconds
- Use your card at locations everywhere Mastercard® is accepted
- Mastercard Zero Fraud Liability Protection (subject to Mastercard guidelines)
- Checking Account Required
ABOUT THE ISSUER
Speak to Customer Service
1-801-363-6500 orTry a different phone number
The Surge Mastercard is issued by Celtic Bank and is made for limited or bad credit. When you use this card, your payment activity will be reported monthly to the three major credit bureaus, which can help you build credit. If you have less than perfect credit, you may want to apply for this card but beware the possible sky-high interest rate, monthly fees, and lack of any valuable card benefits.
Your Surge credit card comes with an initial credit limit of $300–$1,000. There may also be an annual fee and a separate monthly maintenance fee after the first year.
If you don’t like the terms and fees when your application is accepted, you can reject it if you’ve yet to use the card or pay any fees by calling the provided customer service number.