If your credit score needs improvement, the Capital One® Secured Mastercard® can help you get back on your feet and restore your credit rating. It requires an initial security deposit. The amount of money you put down determines your credit line. The more money you put down, the more money you have available to you. If you put down the minimum security deposit, your credit limit starts at $200. The maximum credit limit is $3,000.
This card is one of our picks for the Best Secured Credit Cards for Bad Credit.
Confused about all the different amounts listed on your credit card bill? Read our guide to paying credit cards here.
- Annual Fee $0
- Intro Purchase APR -
- Regular Purchase APR 24.99% Variable
- Signup Bonus None
- Chip Technology Chip-and-Signature
- Foreign Transaction Fee See Terms
- Intro Balance Transfer APR -
- Regular Balance Transfer APR 24.99% Variable
- Cash Advance APR 24.99% Variable
- Penalty APR See Terms
- Late Fee Up to $35
- Returned Payment Fee See Terms
Check your card's Guide to Benefits to learn the specific benefits your card offers and how to access them. Learn more about credit card benefits here.
- Compatible w/ Apple Pay™
- 24/7 Customer Service
- Account Alerts: Get alerts about account information on your phone.
- Mobile & Tablet Apps: Manage your account from your phone or tablet.
- Financial Tools & Tips: Educate yourself on credit with Capital One resources.
- Capital One Wallet℠: Provides charge notifications, account balances, available credit, and rewards earnings.
- Capital One Credit Wise: Free access to your credit score.
- Capital One Second Look℠: Capital One monitors your account for unusual and duplicate charges.
- Add an authorized user to your account
- Fraud Protection: You will not be held responsible for unauthorized use of your card.
- Extended Warranty Protection: Extends a manufacturer’s warranty at no charge.
- Price Protection: If you find an item you purchased at a lower price price within 60 days, you can be reimbursed the difference.
- Roadside Assistance Hotline: Assistance with services such as towing, changing a flat, or boosting a battery in case of emergency.
- Mastercard Global Service®: Provides help with travel emergencies, including emergency card replacement or cash advances.
- Travel and Emergency Assistance: Provides help with travel emergencies, including emergency card replacement or cash advances.
- Travel Accident Insurance: Covers you and your family in the case of physical accidents.
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver: Provides coverage against theft and collision, as long as the car rental company’s own insurance is declined.
- This card comes with Mastercard benefits. You will be provided with a list of benefits available to you once you get approved for your card.
Read about experiences others have had with this card and leave your own review here.
Submit your review
I have several different secured cards in my wallet at the moment, and the Cap One secured Master Card is by far the most user friendly card I have experienced.
Their smart phone application is unbelievable. You can log on, check balance, see next payment, and pay your card at the touch of a button, from anywhere in the world. It's just amazing.
And, they actually answer the phone when you call....and you never have to call because the smart phone ap is so good it sends you an alert after each purchase and when you get close to your limit.
I have First Progress card too. They are the exact opposite. No on line payment mechanism. No smart phone application. It's a real challenge to reach this lender and to manage your card, and they have no desire to provide easy access to their system on line. A real nightmare trying to get in touch with First Progress. Worst customer experience I have ever had.
Cap One Rocks. Start with these guys. You won't be disappointed.