Cabela’s CLUB Mastercard
Credit Card Insider is an independent, advertising supported website. Credit Card Insider receives compensation from some credit card issuers as advertisers. Advertiser relationships do not affect card ratings or our Editor’s Best Card Picks. Credit Card Insider has not reviewed all available credit card offers in the marketplace. Content is not provided or commissioned by any credit card issuers. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information, though all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on any ‘Apply Now’ button, the most up-to-date terms and conditions, rates, and fee information will be presented by the issuer. Credit Card Insider has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Credit Card Insider and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. A list of these issuers can be found on our Editorial Guidelines.
The Cabela’s CLUB Mastercard offers a unique purchase APR of 9.99% when shopping at Cabela’s or Bass Pro Shops. Previously known as the Cabela’s CLUB Visa from Bank of America, this card is now a Mastercard issued by Capital One. If you’ve yet to receive a new card, contact Capital One at 1-800-227-4825.
The Ducks Unlimited card offers 5% back at outdoors and sporting goods stores.
Cabela’s CLUB Mastercard
Cabela’s CLUB Mastercard
- 2X CLUB points at Cabela’s, Bass Pro Shops, participating Cenex stores, and affiliated resorts and restaurants
- CLUB Silver members earn 3X points on those purchases, and CLUB Black members earn 5X
- Earn CLUB Silver status by spending $10,000 per year; earn CLUB Black status by spending $25,000 per year
- Extra point-earning opportunities on select purchases through the Gear Guide
- Silver and Black-level members get Signature Outdoor Adventures and The Experiences program
- Shopping and travel protections
- No foreign transaction fees
- No annual fee
The Cabela’s CLUB Mastercard has replaced the old Cabela’s CLUB Visa, and this new card is issued by Capital One rather than Bank of America. The new card is more rewarding for certain purchases, and comes with additional benefits. See the section below for details on this transition, and what to do if you had the old card.
Want to get 5% back on purchases at sporting good stores and gas? Consider an alternative to this card, the Ducks Unlimited Rewards Visa Signature® Card.
Cardholders will earn CLUB points based on their member level at Cabela’s, Bass Pro Shops, participating Cenex convenience stores, and a variety of affiliated resorts and restaurants. You can see all of those participating locations below.
|CLUB Points (at Cabela’s and affiliates)||Status Level||Annual Spend Requirement|
1X Club point is provided for every other purchase, at non-affiliated merchants.
Points can be redeemed for purchases at Cabela’s or Bass Pro Shops, at a rate of $1 for 100 points. This means you’ll earn a cash back equivalent of 2–5% at Cabela’s and affiliates, depending on your status level, with 1% back everywhere else.
The annual spend requirements refer to calendar years (January to December). In addition to the spend requirements, eligibility for the Silver and Black status levels will be based on your creditworthiness. The better your credit, the better your chances of approval. The Silver and Black levels also come with different card designs.
It will usually take up to five business days to process your status upgrade after reaching a spend requirement. The new status level will last for the remainder of the current year and for the next year as well. Downgrades will usually be processed in January, based on the previous year’s spending.
Cardholders also get a variety of benefits, including extra point opportunities through the Gear Guide. Silver and Black status members have access to Signature Outdoor Adventures, and invitations to exciting workshops and training events through The Experiences program. There are also several purchase and travel protections provided by Capital One. Cardholders at the Classic and Silver levels will receive World Mastercards, while those at the Black level will receive a World Elite Mastercard with enhanced benefits.
Unlike most cards, the Cabela’s CLUB Mastercard has different interest rates depending on where you’re shopping. Purchases made at Cabela’s and Bass Pro Shops will have an APR of 9.99%, while all other purchases will get the APR shown below.
The Cabela’s CLUB Mastercard has no annual fee, and there are no foreign transaction fees.
Bass Pro Shops offers the same card product, which is identical in every respect except the name and card design: The Bass Pro Shops CLUB Card.
What You Need to Know About the Transition from Visa to Mastercard
If you had the original Cabela’s CLUB Visa, you should receive a new Cabela’s CLUB Mastercard by December 2018. If you don’t receive a new card contact Capital One at 1-800-227-4825.
There are quite a few things to be aware of regarding your new card and account:
- You must activate your new card and set up an account with Capital One before you can use it, which you can do by clicking that link or calling 1-800-300-5984.
- If you already have a Capital One account, you can sign in with your regular login details to link the Cabela’s CLUB Mastercard to your account.
- You’ll now be logging in to your online account through Capital One, rather than Bank of America.
- Your old Visa card will be deactivated soon after you receive a new card.
- Your new card will have a new account number and other details.
- Your new card will not show up as a new account on your credit reports, it will remain the same.
- You may get new interest rates, with a new billing due date and minimum payment.
- If you set up automatic payments or were paying for any subscriptions with the old card, you’ll need to set up those services again with the new card.
- You’ll be able to see the last 12 months of statements in your new online account (this may take 30 days to transfer).
- Any rewards you earned with your previous card will be transferred to your new card account.
- Any authorized users on your account will remain, and they will be issued new cards with new account numbers (the cards will be sent to the primary user’s address).
The information related to Cabela’s CLUB Mastercard has been collected by Credit Card Insider and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer or provider of this product.