The Cabela’s CLUB Mastercard has replaced the old Cabela’s CLUB Visa, and this new card is issued by Capital One rather than Bank of America. The new card is more rewarding for certain purchases, and comes with additional benefits. See the section below for details on this transition, and what to do if you had the old card.
Cardholders will earn CLUB points based on their member level at Cabela’s, Bass Pro Shops, participating Cenex convenience stores, and a variety of affiliated resorts and restaurants. You can see all of those participating locations below.
|CLUB Points (at Cabela’s and affiliates)||Status Level||Annual Spend Requirement|
1X Club point is provided for every other purchase, at non-affiliated merchants.
Points can be redeemed for purchases at Cabela’s or Bass Pro Shops, at a rate of $1 for 100 points. This means you’ll earn a cash back equivalent of 2–5% at Cabela’s and affiliates, depending on your status level, with 1% back everywhere else.
The annual spend requirements refer to calendar years (January to December). In addition to the spend requirements, eligibility for the Silver and Black status levels will be based on your creditworthiness. The better your credit, the better your chances of approval. The Silver and Black levels also come with different card designs.
It will usually take up to five business days to process your status upgrade after reaching a spend requirement. The new status level will last for the remainder of the current year and for the next year as well. Downgrades will usually be processed in January, based on the previous year’s spending.
Cardholders also get a variety of benefits, including extra point opportunities through the Gear Guide. Silver and Black status members have access to Signature Outdoor Adventures, and invitations to exciting workshops and training events through The Experiences program. There are also several purchase and travel protections provided by Capital One. Cardholders at the Classic and Silver levels will receive World Mastercards, while those at the Black level will receive a World Elite Mastercard with enhanced benefits.
Unlike most cards, the Cabela’s CLUB Mastercard has different interest rates depending on where you’re shopping. Purchases made at Cabela’s and Bass Pro Shops will have an APR of 9.99%, while all other purchases will get the APR shown below.
The Cabela’s CLUB Mastercard has no annual fee, and there are no foreign transaction fees.
What You Need to Know About the Transition from Visa to Mastercard
If you had the original Cabela’s CLUB Visa, you should receive a new Cabela’s CLUB Mastercard by December 2018. If you don’t receive a new card contact Capital One at 1-800-227-4825.
There are quite a few things to be aware of regarding your new card and account:
- You must activate your new card and set up an account with Capital One before you can use it, which you can do by clicking that link or calling 1-800-300-5984.
- If you already have a Capital One account, you can sign in with your regular login details to link the Cabela’s CLUB Mastercard to your account.
- You’ll now be logging in to your online account through Capital One, rather than Bank of America.
- Your old Visa card will be deactivated soon after you receive a new card.
- Your new card will have a new account number and other details.
- Your new card will not show up as a new account on your credit reports, it will remain the same.
- You may get new interest rates, with a new billing due date and minimum payment.
- If you set up automatic payments or were paying for any subscriptions with the old card, you’ll need to set up those services again with the new card.
- You’ll be able to see the last 12 months of statements in your new online account (this may take 30 days to transfer).
- Any rewards you earned with your previous card will be transferred to your new card account.
- Any authorized users on your account will remain, and they will be issued new cards with new account numbers (the cards will be sent to the primary user’s address).
Where can I use my Cabela’s CLUB Mastercard®?
The Cabela’s CLUB Mastercard can be used anywhere Mastercard is accepted. Cardholders will earn extra cash back, depending on their status level, at Cabela’s, Bass Pro Shops, participating Cenex convenience stores, and the affiliated resorts and restaurants below.
You can check the participating Cenex convenience stores here by searching within the “Store Locations” category.
|Angler’s Lodge||Big Cedar||Big Cypress|
|Blue Fin Lounge||Hemingway’s Blue Water Cafe||Islamorada Fish Company||Uncle Buck’s Brewery and Steakhouse|
|Uncle Buck’s Fishbowl and Grill||Uncle Buck’s Grill||White River Fish House||Zane Grey Lounge|