The BJ’s Perks Plus™ Credit Card is given to new BJ’s members when they sign up for a $50 BJ’s Membership. It could be a great benefit to anyone who shops at BJ’s frequently.
If you’re looking for the upgraded version of this card, with 5% rewards on purchases made at BJ’s, as well as a larger sign up-bonus then take a look at the BJ’s Perks Elite Credit Card
Confused about all the different amounts listed on your credit card bill? Read our guide to paying credit cards here.
- Annual Fee $50; $40 w/ Auto-Renewal
- Intro Purchase APR -
- Regular Purchase APR 14.99% - 18.99% (Variable)
- Earn 3% cash back on purchases made at BJ’s and BJs.com
- Earn 2% cash back on purchases made at gas and dining outside of BJ’s locations
- Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases
- Signup Bonus Earn $25 bonus after making your first purchase
- Chip Technology None
- Foreign Transaction Fee based on currency
- Intro Balance Transfer APR -
- Regular Balance Transfer APR 14.99% - 18.99% (Variable)
- Cash Advance APR 24.99% (Variable)
- Penalty APR 0%
- Late Fee Up to $35
- Returned Payment Fee Up to $35
Check your card's Guide to Benefits to learn the specific benefits your card offers and how to access them. Learn more about credit card benefits here.
- 10¢ Off Every Gallon: When buying fuel at BJ’s; purchases made at BJ’s Gas accrue rewards.
- $10 Annual Membership Renewal Savings
- Zero Liability Protection: Cardholders aren’t held liable when this card is used without their approval.
- MasterCard Global Service: 24-hour assistance for emergencies related to lost or stolen cards and cash advances. For lost or stolen card reporting, card replacements, and cash advances.
- Identity Theft Resolution Services: Help with identify theft via credit bureau notifications and 24-hour specialists.
- Extended Warranty: If the original manufacturer’s warranty and service contract/optional extended warranty is 12 months or less it can be doubled with this feature.
- Price Protection: Cardholders can get reimbursed for the difference between two items if they find a lower price for the item at another store within 60 days of the original purchase.
- This card comes with Mastercard benefits. You will be provided with a list of benefits available to you once you get approved for your card.
Read about experiences others have had with this card and leave your own review here.
Submit your review
I applied for the Bjs perks credit card and was approved, received the card, activated the card, the agent on the phone even congratulated me. I used my card to paid a bill on the 2 of July. Went to use my card at Bjs on the 4th of July, to my surprise it was deactivated. Mind you I received the card on June 29th, no one called me to inform me. I called them from Bjs and all they can say is, we mailed you out a cancellation letter on the 2nd of July...... I honestly cannot believe this Wow!!! That’s how Comenity bank deals with their customers. Especially on a Holiday. Now I have a negative mark on my credit report, due to your poor decision in approving me and closing my account. You really make your customers feel appreciated, what an embarrassment and shame on your Credit Card Dept. TeamHappy Independence Day!!
Comenity Bank seems like a predatory card issuer. They simply closed my account after 5 weeks since I did only shop at BJ's (5% award and 10 cents on gas), did not transfer any balances and paid my first bill in full. If you want to maximize the benefits the card, they will close it. Don't waste your time - it sounds too good to be true. None of my other cards has ever done this.
As a former credit card employee, I know about customer service, which this company lacks! Ever since January, I called into the company to request a lost a Bj's credit card, over 20x, speaking with the normal employees, supervisors of those employees, then the supervisor above the supervisor. Even the supervisors do not know how to operate the credit card company. DO NOT TRUST ANYONE, NOT EVEN THE SUPERVISORS. EVERY SUPERVISOR PROMISES THAT YOU WILL RESECIVE YOUR CREDIT CARD IN 7 TO 10 BUSINESS DAYS, PRIORITY MAIL WOULD BE 3 BUSINESS DAYS, BUT NO, YOU DON'T RECEIVE IT. IF YOU ARE SENT A CREDIT CARD, IT'S THE WRONG CREDIT CARD HOLDER, THREE TIMES THIS HAPPEN TO ME. i AM CANCELING MY BJ'S DUE TO THIS INCOMPETENT COMPANY. I WIS THERE WOULD BE AN OPTION FOR 0 STARS.
I've had no problems with this account whatsoever.I pay my balance off completely every month, most times before the bill is due. I use it to pay ALL my utility bills, car insurance, all things I normally do with checks or debit.Why not, I have the cash for the bills anyway.This credit card has managed to push my FICO credit score to almost 800 in the first year.The register rewards I've gotten back from them in the first year is $180. (As soon as I got the card, I bought the new washer and dryer I needed and had saved for, that helped)Tomorrow I'm going to cash in on their price guarantee for 6 Disney dolls I bought on Black Friday, whose price are $3.00 lower on each.I couldn't be happier with them.I guess I could be happier, if they upped the cash back to 1.5% like my new credit card. But thanks to them, I was ABLE to get another credit card.Basically they are paying me to raise my credit.Thanks Comenity and BJ's.
horrible customer svc!!!!!!!!!! worst credit card!!