The BJ’s Perks Plus™ Credit Card is given to new BJ’s members when they sign up for a $50 BJ’s Membership. It could be a great benefit to anyone who shops at BJ’s frequently.
If you’re looking for the upgraded version of this card, with 5% rewards on purchases made at BJ’s, as well as a larger sign up-bonus then take a look at the BJ’s Perks Elite Credit Card
Confused about all the different amounts listed on your credit card bill? Read our guide to paying credit cards here.
Can't watch the video now? Read the full transcript here.
- Annual Fee $50; $40 w/ Auto-Renewal
- Intro Purchase APR -
- Regular Purchase APR 14.99% - 18.99% (Variable)
- Earn 3% cash back on purchases made at BJ’s and BJs.com
- Earn 2% cash back on purchases made at gas and dining outside of BJ’s locations
- Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases
- Signup Bonus Earn $25 bonus after making your first purchase
- Chip Technology None
- Foreign Transaction Fee based on currency
- Intro Balance Transfer APR -
- Regular Balance Transfer APR 14.99% - 18.99% (Variable)
- Cash Advance APR 24.99% (Variable)
- Penalty APR 0%
- Late Fee Up to $35
- Returned Payment Fee Up to $35
Check your card's Guide to Benefits to learn the specific benefits your card offers and how to access them. Learn more about credit card benefits here.
- 10¢ Off Every Gallon: When buying fuel at BJ’s; purchases made at BJ’s Gas accrue rewards.
- $10 Annual Membership Renewal Savings
- Zero Liability Protection: Cardholders aren’t held liable when this card is used without their approval.
- MasterCard Global Service: 24-hour assistance for emergencies related to lost or stolen cards and cash advances. For lost or stolen card reporting, card replacements, and cash advances.
- Identity Theft Resolution Services: Help with identify theft via credit bureau notifications and 24-hour specialists.
- Extended Warranty: If the original manufacturer’s warranty and service contract/optional extended warranty is 12 months or less it can be doubled with this feature.
- Price Protection: Cardholders can get reimbursed for the difference between two items if they find a lower price for the item at another store within 60 days of the original purchase.
- This card comes with Mastercard benefits. You will be provided with a list of benefits available to you once you get approved for your card.
Read about experiences others have had with this card and leave your own review here.
Submit your review
horrible customer svc!!!!!!!!!! worst credit card!!
I was approved for a fair amount of credit, after accepting a pre-approval offer from BJ&Comenity Bank. They advertised 0% APR until Sept 2018 and No Fees on balance transfers, which was the primary reason for me to apply. Too good to be true, and apparently it wasn't. Upon account opening, it turned out that they don't run any balance transfer promotions and balance transfers are not at all available, regadless fee or no fee. After hours spent on the phone with a few "supervisors", I was advised to mail the paper form for balance transfer request, and they will do it. Unfortunately, that was another lie. Tickets raised with their customer service, Disputes to no avail. To this date, balance transfers on that account are not possible. Their letter offer was signed by Stephanie Meltzer-Paul, VP-Membership Engagement. Based on their product and the way they treated me, I can sincerely recommend you to stay away from doing business with them.
I applied for the Perks Credit Card and was approved for a nice amount. Maybe after a few weeks of using the card, they closed the card out with no explanation. No where near the limit , not even over $1000 spent, I called and couldn't get any information that made any since. After three attempts of calling with no professional answer as to why my card was closed, I then received a letter from them with an excuse that didn't even make any since to them. I didn't even received my first bill yet so they couldn't say the payment was late. This Bank is Bogus. Got approve for Sam Club and Costco Business Account.
One of the worst cards to apply for. The comenity bank which issue credit card on behalf of the BJ's doesn't process the application in efficient way. I opened the credit card at store and then i received a mail, asking me to call a number and confirm my details. I called the number almost 7 times and couldn't reach out customer care, what so ever(each time i was kept on hold for almost 20-25 mins and i have to hung up). Finally one of the representative answered my call and i was approved with a decent credit limit. However they pulled my credit score twice(in separate dates). Also i haven't received my card even after 10 days and i called them again they said that they forgot to include the apartment number in the mail they send and said one of the supervisor gonna call be in next 7-10 business days and then they gonna issue a new card.
Its simply ridiculous. I never had these kind of issues before while opening a credit card.