The Sallie Mae MasterCard® offers a cash back reward of 5%, but only on the first $250 per month, making this reward a bit meager.
Check out our post on The Three Best Credit Cards For Young Adults and College Students for some better card recommendations.
Note: This card is no longer offered. Instead, Sallie Mae offers the Upromise World MasterCard®, which gives you:
- 10% cash back for every $1 spent on eligible retailers through Upromise.com
- 2% cash back for every $1 spent on eligible in-store department store and movie theater purchases
- 1% cash back for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Annual Fee $0
- Intro Purchase APR -
- Regular Purchase APR 14.24%, 21.24% or 23.24% *Variable
- Earn 5% cash back for every $1 spent on purchases made at eligible gas and groceries; up to $250 per month
- Earn 5% cash back for every $1 spent on books; up to $750 per month
- Earn 1% cash back for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Rewards never expire
- Signup Bonus 25,000 points for using your card within the first 3 months (redeemable for a $25 gift card)
- Chip Technology Chip-and-Signature & Chip-and-PIN
- Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
- Intro Balance Transfer APR 0% for 15 months (need to be completed 45 days from opening the account)
- Regular Balance Transfer APR 14.24%, 20.24% or 23.24% *Variable
- Cash Advance APR 25.49% *Variable
- Penalty APR See Terms
- Late Fee Up to $37
- Returned Payment Fee Up to $37
Check your card's Guide to Benefits to learn the specific benefits your card offers and how to access them. Learn more about credit card benefits here.
- This card comes with Mastercard benefits. You will be provided with a list of benefits available to you once you get approved for your card.