The Sallie Mae MasterCard® offers a cash back reward of 5%, but only on the first $250 per month, making this reward a bit meager.
Check out our post on The Three Best Credit Cards For Young Adults and College Students for some better card recommendations.
Note: This card is no longer offered. Instead, Sallie Mae offers the Upromise World MasterCard®, which gives you:
- 10% cash back for every $1 spent on eligible retailers through Upromise.com
- 2% cash back for every $1 spent on eligible in-store department store and movie theater purchases
- 1% cash back for every $1 spent on all other purchases
Confused about all the different amounts listed on your credit card bill? Read our guide to paying credit cards here.
- Annual Fee $0
- Intro Purchase APR -
- Regular Purchase APR 14.99%, 21.99% or 23.99% Variable
- Earn 5% cash back for every $1 spent on purchases made at eligible gas and groceries; up to $250 per month
- Earn 5% cash back for every $1 spent on books; up to $750 per month
- Earn 1% cash back for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Rewards never expire
- Signup Bonus 25,000 points for using your card within the first 3 months (redeemable for a $25 gift card)
- Chip Technology Chip-and-Signature & Chip-and-PIN
- Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
- Intro Balance Transfer APR 0% for 15 months (need to be completed 45 days from opening the account)
- Regular Balance Transfer APR 14.24%, 20.24% or 23.24% *Variable
- Cash Advance APR 25.49% *Variable
- Penalty APR See Terms
- Late Fee Up to $37
- Returned Payment Fee Up to $37
Check your card's Guide to Benefits to learn the specific benefits your card offers and how to access them. Learn more about credit card benefits here.
- This card comes with Mastercard benefits. You will be provided with a list of benefits available to you once you get approved for your card.
Read about experiences others have had with this card and leave your own review here.
Submit your review