The AAdvantage® Aviator™ Red MasterCard® replaced the US Airways Dividend Miles® MasterCard®, in response to the merger of American Airlines with US Airways. If you’re a frequent flyer of either of these airlines this card could be a valuable addition to your wallet, providing nice benefits like free checked bags and boarding privileges.
Log in to manage your account
You can sign in to view statements, pay your bill, and manage your account on the Barclaycard website.
This card made our list of The Best Airline Credit Cards – 2017, as the best card to use with American Airlines. It is second to the top of the line in the AAdvantage® Aviator™ series.
There are three other cards that offer different reward structures and annual fees, the AAdvantage® Aviator™ MasterCard®, the AAdvantage® Aviator™ Blue MasterCard®, and the AAdvantage® Aviator™ Silver World Elite MasterCard®.
Confused about all the different amounts listed on your credit card bill? Read our guide to paying credit cards here.
- Annual Fee $89
- Intro Purchase APR -
- Regular Purchase APR Varies by credit score, contact Barclaycard to learn more
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on US Airways and American Airlines
- Earn 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
- There is no limit to the amount of rewards you can earn
- 10% back on redeemed miles, up to 10,000 miles each year
- Signup Bonus None
- Chip Technology Chip-and-Signature & Chip-and-PIN
- Foreign Transaction Fee -
- Intro Balance Transfer APR -
- Regular Balance Transfer APR Varies by credit score, contact Barclaycard to learn more
- Cash Advance APR Varies by credit score, contact Barclaycard to learn more
- Penalty APR -
- Late Fee -
- Returned Payment Fee -
Check your card's Guide to Benefits to learn the specific benefits your card offers and how to access them. Learn more about credit card benefits here.
- First checked Bag Free: On US Airways and American Airlines flights. Applies to cardholder and up to four companions.
- Priority Boarding: Zone 2 boarding through US Airways or Group 1 boarding through American Airlines.
- 25% Discount on In-Flight Purchases: For American Airlines and US Airways Flights
- $100 American Airlines Flight Discount: Spend $30,000 on your card in one year and get a $100 American Airlines Flight Discount.
- 7,500 Mile Discount: Use your miles to book a MileSAAver® award and get a 7,500 mile discount.
- This card comes with Mastercard benefits. You will be provided with a list of benefits available to you once you get approved for your card.
Read about experiences others have had with this card and leave your own review here.
Submit your review
This is the worst card I have ever had to use for large purchases. I use this card in business and whenever I try to use it for a large purchase it gets declined until I find out from the merchant and I call Barclay bank then they will authorize the charge. I understand this so I tried calling the bank and warning them the charge would be coming through and am always assured by a customer service representative that my account will be flagged for this purchase. It still takes 2 to 3 more phone calls before it is authorized. I have several other cards from other banks and do not have this problem. I am not the only one that has the problem, I have friends with this card and they have similar stories to mine. I am closing my accounts and going to the CITI American airlines card.