The AAdvantage® Aviator™ Red MasterCard® replaced the US Airways Dividend Miles® MasterCard®, in response to the merger of American Airlines with US Airways. If you’re a frequent flyer of either of these airlines this card could be a valuable addition to your wallet, providing nice benefits like free checked bags and boarding privileges.
This card also recently made our list of The Best Airline Credit Cards – 2016, as the best card to use with American Airlines and/or US Airways. It is second to the top of the line in the AAdvantage® Aviator™ series.
There are three other cards that offer different reward structures and annual fees, the AAdvantage® Aviator™ MasterCard®, the AAdvantage® Aviator™ Blue MasterCard®, and the AAdvantage® Aviator™ Silver World Elite MasterCard®.
- Annual Fee $89
- Intro Purchase APR -
- Regular Purchase APR Varies by credit score, contact Barclaycard to learn more
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on US Airways and American Airlines
- Earn 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
- There is no limit to the amount of rewards you can earn
- 10% back on redeemed miles, up to 10,000 miles each year
- Signup Bonus None
- Chip Technology Chip-and-Signature & Chip-and-PIN
- Foreign Transaction Fee -
- Intro Balance Transfer APR -
- Regular Balance Transfer APR Varies by credit score, contact Barclaycard to learn more
- Cash Advance APR Varies by credit score, contact Barclaycard to learn more
- Penalty APR -
- Late Fee -
- Returned Payment Fee -
Check your card's Guide to Benefits to learn the specific benefits your card offers and how to access them. Learn more about credit card benefits here.
- First checked Bag Free: On US Airways and American Airlines flights. Applies to cardholder and up to four companions.
- Priority Boarding: Zone 2 boarding through US Airways or Group 1 boarding through American Airlines.
- 25% Discount on In-Flight Purchases: For American Airlines and US Airways Flights
- $100 American Airlines Flight Discount: Spend $30,000 on your card in one year and get a $100 American Airlines Flight Discount.
- 7,500 Mile Discount: Use your miles to book a MileSAAver® award and get a 7,500 mile discount.
- This card comes with Mastercard benefits. You will be provided with a list of benefits available to you once you get approved for your card.