The Bank of America Cash Rewards™ Credit Card for Students is regarded among many financial experts as one of the best credit cards for students.
It has solid cash-back earning potential, especially for purchases like gas and groceries (a potential boon for students living away from home).
Confused about all the different amounts listed on your credit card bill? Read our guide to paying credit cards here.
- Annual Fee $0
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 12 months
- Regular Purchase APR 12.99%-22.99% (Variable)
- Earn 3% cash back for every $1 spent on gas
- Earn 2% cash back for every $1 spent on groceries
- Earn 1% cash back for every $1 spent on all purchases
- Grocery and gas rewards only up to $1500 per quarter, then it’s 1% cash back instead of 3% til the next quarter
- Bank of America members get an extra 10% on points on every purchase
- There is no limit to the amount of points you can earn
- Points never expire
- Signup Bonus $100 cash back rewards when you spend $500 in the first 3 months
- Chip Technology Chip-and-Signature
- Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
- Intro Balance Transfer APR 0% for 12 months
- Regular Balance Transfer APR 12.99%-22.99% (Variable)
- Cash Advance APR 15.99%-24.99% (Variable)
- Penalty APR Up to $29.99 (Variable)
- Late Fee Up to $38
- Returned Payment Fee Up to $27
Check your card's Guide to Benefits to learn the specific benefits your card offers and how to access them. Learn more about credit card benefits here.
- Account Alerts: Get alerts about account information on your phone.
- Mobile Banking: Pay your credit card bill online, transfer funds, check available credit and more.
- Text Banking: Send a text and get important account information.
- Fraud Protection: You will not be held responsible for unauthorized use of your card.
- Overdraft Protection: Link a Bank of America account to your card and prevent declined purchases and return checks if you take out too much money from your account.
- ShopSafe®: Protection when you are shopping online.
- This card comes with Visa benefits. You will be provided with a list of benefits available to you once you get approved for your card.
Read about experiences others have had with this card and leave your own review here.
Submit your review