The Bank of America Cash Rewards Credit Card is a cash rewards credit card for anyone who buys a lot of gas and groceries. This card is highly recommended due to its strong and straight forward cash back earning potential, low introductory APR, and lack of annual fee.
See how it stacks up to other good rewards cards in our comparisons:
- The Bank of America Cash Rewards Credit Card vs the Citi ThankYou Preferred Card
- The Bank of America Cash Rewards™ Card vs The Discover it® Credit Card
- The Chase Freedom® Visa vs The Bank of America Cash Rewards™ Credit Card
Confused about all the different amounts listed on your credit card bill? Read our guide to paying credit cards here.
- Annual Fee $0
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 12 months
- Regular Purchase APR 14.49%–24.49% Variable
- Earn 3% cash back on gas
- Earn 2% cash back on groceries and at wholesale clubs (on the first $2,500 in combined gas, grocery, and wholesale club purchases)
- Earn 1% cash back on all purchases
- 3% and 2% rewards only up to $2,500 per quarter, then 1% cash back
- Bank of America members get an extra 10% on points on every purchase
- There is no limit to the amount of cash back you can earn
- Cash back never expires
- Signup Bonus $200 cash rewards bonus when you spend $500 in the first 90 days
- Chip Technology Chip-and-Signature
- Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
- Intro Balance Transfer APR 0% for 12 months
- Regular Balance Transfer APR 14.49%–24.49% Variable
- Cash Advance APR 17.49%–26.49% Variable
- Penalty APR Up to 29.99% Variable
- Late Fee Up to $38
- Returned Payment Fee Up to $27
Check your card's Guide to Benefits to learn the specific benefits your card offers and how to access them. Learn more about credit card benefits here.
This card comes with either standard Mastercard or World Mastercard benefits. Check your Guide to Benefits to learn more.
Get alerts about account information on your phone.
Pay your credit card bill online, transfer funds, check available credit and more.
Send a text and get important account information.
You will not be held responsible for unauthorized use of your card.
Link a Bank of America account to your card and prevent declined purchases and return checks if you take out too much money from your account.
Protection when you are shopping online.
Read about experiences others have had with this card and leave your own review here.
Submit your review
I have both the B of A. cash rewards and the Premium rewards credit cards. Their letters and brochures they sent me to get my business tout "100$ credit for TSA pre-check or Global entry fees"; also an annual $1`00 airline incidental fee credit". The TSA pre-check credit is Supposed to be posted and credited back to your account in 7 days. I purchased this for my wife and I almost 3 weeks ago, result: No credit yet. Further I have called their customer service reps 3x now, all but one of the reps were Clueless about the credits! The last rep sent in a "special form" to have it investigated, have to wait another 7- 10 daysAlso, read the fine print for the "qualifying" airline incidental fees: only Certain airlines and Domestic flights only; upon questioning the reps, they said each airline has certain "codes" and only qualifying would receive credit; unfortunately you have no way of knowing what these are.....Disappointing to say the least....
30yr acct holder at BofA. Excellent credit etc. Scheduled my Visa payment online in full as I have for years. BofA credited it 3xs draining my checking acct. 1 week later and hours on with customer service, managers, tech support... no resolution! Big credit sitting on my Visa. That was to be credited back and a manager call me today... nothing of course! I'd like my $7k back! I have bills to pay! Oh wait. They finally credited 2 payments back... and took them both out of my checking the next day!!! Keep telling me I've scheduled the 5 payments! Right, I'm an idiot. Their website had been down for days so I'm assuming that caused it? Customer service is ridiculously incompetent.