The Amtrak Guest Rewards World MasterCard from Bank of America provides points for travel purchases, particularly from Amtrak but also for other qualifying expenses.
You’ll also get a few nice benefits to make your rides a bit cheaper and more comfortable, like companion passes and a chance to ride in ClubAcela for a day for free.
This card has an annual fee of $79, but if you use it enough and make use of the benefits it should be worth the cost. If you’d rather use a more basic card, without an annual fee and with fewer features, take a look at the Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum MasterCard®.
- Annual Fee $79
- Intro Purchase APR -
- Regular Purchase APR 13.24% - 23.24% *Variable
- 3 points per $1 spent on Amtrak travel (including onboard purchases)
- 2 points per $1 spent on other qualifying travel
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- 5% point rebate when booking Amtrak redemption travel
- Signup Bonus 20,000 bonus points for spending $1,000 in the first 90 days
- Chip Technology Chip-and-Signature
- Foreign Transaction Fee None
- Intro Balance Transfer APR -
- Regular Balance Transfer APR 13.24% - 23.24% *Variable
- Cash Advance APR 16.24% - 25.24% *Variable
- Penalty APR Up to 29.99% *Variable
- Late Fee Up to $37
- Returned Payment Fee Up to $27
Check your card's Guide to Benefits to learn the specific benefits your card offers and how to access them. Learn more about credit card benefits here.
Earn Tier-Qualifying Points
Each year you can earn 1,000 Tier-Qualifying Points towards a higher status for spending $5,000 (up to 4,000 points per year).
Annual Companion Coupon
Each year you’ll get a companion coupon, which is valid for 1 free companion rail fair with the purchase of 1 regular adult fare.
Annual One-Class Upgrade Coupon
Good for a single-class one-way upgrade, if space is available. Valid only from Coach to Business class, or from Acela Business class to Acela First class, on a single travel segment or leg.
Single-Day ClubAcela Pass
Ride in the ClubAcela first-class lounge. You can bring a guest, or your spouse/domestic partner and children under 21.
Get alerts about account information on your phone.
Pay your credit card bill online, transfer funds, check available credit and more.
Send a text and get important account information.
You will not be held responsible for unauthorized use of your card.
Link a Bank of America account to your card and prevent declined purchases and return checks if you take out too much money from your account.
Protection when you are shopping online.