The Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card by American Express offers premier benefits and rewards to cardholders who travel frequently on Delta Airlines.
See how this card matches up to a similar but more expensive offer from American Express in our matchup, The American Express Platinum Delta SkyMiles® vs The American Express Delta Reserve Credit Card.
Confused about all the different amounts listed on your credit card bill? Read our guide to paying credit cards here.
- Annual Fee $195
- Intro Purchase APR -
- Regular Purchase APR 17.24%–26.24% Variable
- Earn 2X miles for every $1 spent on purchases made directly with Delta
- Earn 1X mile for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you spend $25,000 in a year, you’ll get 10,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs)
- If you spend another $50,000 that year, you get another 10,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs)
- Signup Bonus 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) when you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months; and a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase in the first 3 months
- Chip Technology Chip-and-Signature
- Foreign Transaction Fee 0%
- Intro Balance Transfer APR -
- Regular Balance Transfer APR 17.24%–26.24% Variable
- Cash Advance APR 26.74% Variable
- Penalty APR 29.99% Variable
- Late Fee Up to $38
- Returned Payment Fee Up to $38
Check your card's Guide to Benefits to learn the specific benefits your card offers and how to access them. Learn more about credit card benefits here.
- Free Checked Bag on Delta Flights
- Companion Certificate: Every year you get a free Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate
- Priority Boarding
- Discounted Delta Sky Club® Access: Snacks and beverages, Wi-Fi access, satellite TV, personalized flight assistance, private restrooms and more at the Club.
- 20% Savings on In-Flight Purchases: Includes food, beverages, movies, television shows, video games, and audio headsets.
- No Blackout Dates
- Entertainment Access: Discounts to card member-only events, concerts, sporting events, and shows.
- Dispute Resolution: Help with fraudulent transactions.
- Extended Warranty: For warranties of 5 years or less you can get up to one extra year added to the original manufacturer’s warranty.
- Purchase Protection: Items purchased with your card are protected against accidental damage and theft within 90 days of the purchase.
- Return Protection: If the merchant won’t take back an eligible item that you purchased on your card within 90 days from the date of purchase, American Express may refund the purchase price, minus shipping and handling, for up to $300 per item, up to $1000 per year for each account.
- Roadside Assistance Hotline: Assistance with services such as towing, changing a flat, or boosting a battery in case of emergency. You cover third party costs. Restrictions Apply.
- Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance: Stolen or damaged vehicles are covered if you use your card to pay and reserve the rental, and you decline the collision damage waiver. Not all rentals or vehicles are covered. Provides secondary coverage only, not liability coverage.
- Global Assist® Hotline: When you travel 100 miles or more from home you can get help with travel accidents such as a lost passport, the need for a lawyer, sudden illness, and more. You pay for all third-party service costs.
- Travel Accident Insurance: Added financial security if accident or death is caused when traveling by plane, train, ship, or bus.
- Baggage Insurance Plan: When you buy a Common Carrier ticket on your card, eligible lost, damaged, or stolen bags are covered up to $1,250 for carry-on baggage and up to $500 for checked baggage.
American Express Benefits
- This card comes with American Express benefits. You will be provided with a list of specific benefits when you get your card.
Read about experiences others have had with this card and leave your own review here.
Submit your review