The Platinum Card® from American Express
Credit Card Insider is an independent, advertising supported website. Credit Card Insider receives compensation from some credit card issuers as advertisers. Advertiser relationships do not affect card ratings or our Editor’s Best Card Picks. Credit Card Insider has not reviewed all available credit card offers in the marketplace. Content is not provided or commissioned by any credit card issuers. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information, though all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on any ‘Apply Now’ button, the most up-to-date terms and conditions, rates, and fee information will be presented by the issuer. Credit Card Insider has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Credit Card Insider and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. A list of these issuers can be found on our Editorial Guidelines.
A choice option for people who spend a lot of time gazing from airplane windows or checking into hotels, the prestigious Platinum Card from American Express provides a bevy of high-end benefits. Despite a heavy annual fee, the profusion of perks makes this card feel worth it; you’ll get the best airport lounge access for a card, a variety of annual credits, and Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite and Hilton Honors Gold statuses.
Enrollment required for select benefits; terms and limitations apply.
American Express is a Credit Card Insider advertiser.
The Platinum Card® from American Express
Highlights(Rates & Fees)
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership. Apply and select your preferred metal Card design: classic Platinum Card®, Platinum x Kehinde Wiley, or Platinum x Julie Mehretu.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax.
- American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. There are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one select qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on eligible Equinox memberships when you pay with your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
ABOUT THE ISSUER
American Express has several card types depending on your needs.
Manage your Account & Pay your Bill
You can usually pay your bill online on yourCredit card issuer's website
Speak to Customer Service
1-800-801-6564 orTry a different phone number
The Platinum Card® from American Express is a high-end luxury card, complete with perks and benefits fit for jet-setters. It’s often considered one of the most luxurious cards that the general public can apply for.
Cardholders will earn 5X Membership Rewards points per dollar on flights booked directly from airlines or through Amex Travel up to $500,000, and on eligible prepaid hotels through Amex Travel on these purchases per calendar year. 2X points are awarded for other eligible purchases from Amex Travel.
There’s a long list of great travel perks, including complimentary airport lounge access to a wide variety of lounge brands through the Global Lounge Collection, which includes Centurion Lounges, Priority Pass Select, Delta Sky Clubs, and more. Automatic Hilton Honors Gold status and Marriott Rewards Gold status are both included.
There are a number of annual credits to make use of, and a couple others:
- $200 Uber credit
- $100 Saks Fifth Avenue Credit
- $100 Global Entry or $85 TSA Pre✓ Application Fee Credit
- $200 hotel credit through The Hotel Collection (good for every eligible two-night stay)
From the best complimentary airport lounge access available on a card, a personal 24/7 concierge, and a laundry list of other rich benefits, the Platinum Card from American Express delivers on its rare metal namesake.
Enrollment is required to access certain benefits; terms and limitations apply.
The information related to The Platinum Card® from American Express has been collected by Credit Card Insider and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer or provider of this product.