The Platinum Card® from American Express is a luxury charge card, complete with perks and benefits fit for jet-setters.
From complimentary airport lounge access, personal 24/7 concierge, and a laundry list of other rich benefits, the Platinum Card from American Express® delivers on its rare metal namesake.
Confused about all the different amounts listed on your credit card bill? Read our guide to paying credit cards here.
- Annual Fee $550
- Intro Purchase APR -
- Regular Purchase APR Not Applicable - Paid in Full Monthly
- Membership Rewards® Program – use rewards points to on travel, hotels, cruises, or vacation booking
- Earn 1 Membership Rewards® point per $1 spent
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com
- Signup Bonus Earn 60,000 points after you make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months
- Chip Technology Chip-and-Signature
- Foreign Transaction Fee 0%
- Intro Balance Transfer APR -
- Regular Balance Transfer APR -
- Cash Advance APR -
- Penalty APR -
- Late Fee Up to $38
- Returned Payment Fee Up to $38
Check your card's Guide to Benefits to learn the specific benefits your card offers and how to access them. Learn more about credit card benefits here.
- Car Rental Privileges: Special upgrades and discounts on premium car rental programs of Avis, Hertz, and National Car Rental.
- Fine Hotels & Restaurants: Complimentary benefits and competitive rates at 750 places around the world.
- Platinum Card Concierge: Assistance from a personal concierge. They can help you with restaurant reservations, special event planning, gift suggestions, research and more.
- Platinum Dining® Program: Automatic reservation at 1,000 of the most acclaimed restaurants in the US and abroad.
- DEPARTURES Magazine: Get a magazine that’s published 7 times a year for Platinum Card® Members. It focuses on travel, style, culture, shopping, dining, and the interesting, inspiring, and unexpected.
- Airport Club Access Program and Priority Pass™ Select: Exclusive access to The Centurion℠ Lounges, Delta Sky Clubs®, and Airspace Lounges. You can also enroll in Priority Pass™ Select for free.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓TM: If you apply for Global Entry ($100) or TSA Pre✓TM ($85) with your card, you get a statement credit every 5 years. With this benefit, you will get expedited screening at certain airports.
- American Express Travel: 24/7 travel consultants to help you plan your vacation.
- International Airline Program: Buy an International First or Business Class ticket with your card and get a discount on a ticket for a companion. Eligible airlines only.
- Premium Access to Some of the Most Sought-After Events: Entry to food festivals, VIP packages at concerts, and more.
- By Invitation Only® Events: Exclusive access to sports, fashion events, fine dining, entertainment, performing arts, and more.
- Entertainment Access®: Exclusive access to ticket presales and card member-only events in your city.
- Dispute Resolution: Help with fraudulent transactions.
- Extended Warranty: For warranties of 5 years or less you can get up to one extra year added to the original manufacturer’s warranty.
- Purchase Protection: Items purchased with your card are protected against accidental damage and theft within 90 days of the purchase.
- Return Protection: If the merchant won’t take back an eligible item that you purchased on your card within 90 days from the date of purchase, American Express may refund the purchase price, minus shipping and handling, for up to $300 per item, up to $1000 per year for each account.
- Global Assist® Hotline: When you travel 100 miles or more from home you can get help with travel accidents such as a lost passport, the need for a lawyer, sudden illness, and more. You pay for all third-party service costs.
American Express Benefits
- This card comes with American Express benefits. You will be provided with a list of specific benefits when you get your card.