The Mercedes-Benz Credit Card from American Express offers generous rewards towards Mercedes-Benz car purchases and leases. If you are planning on buying a Mercedes-Benz, this card is definitely worth looking into.
Insider Tip: You may be able to get the annual fee on this card waived. Just call customer service and ask nicely to have it waived, explaining that you’ve been a good, responsible customer for some time. Or, if you’re thinking of canceling the card, you can let them know that you’d consider staying with them if they waive the fee. In some cases they may offer a different incentive, like bonus points.
And if you’re in the military on active duty, you can submit an online request for SCRA benefits, which will probably include having the annual fee waived.
- Annual Fee $95
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months
- Regular Purchase APR 15.24% (Variable)
- Earn 5 points for every $1 spent on eligible Mercedes-Benz purchases
- Earn 3 points for every $1 spent at U.S. gas stations; transactions of $400 or less only
- Earn 2 points for every $1 spent at U.S. restaurants
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Signup Bonus 10,000 points after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months
- Chip Technology Chip-and-Signature
- Foreign Transaction Fee 2.7%
- Intro Balance Transfer APR -
- Regular Balance Transfer APR 15.24% (Variable); within the first 30 days only
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% (Variable)
- Penalty APR 29.24% (Variable)
- Late Fee Up to $38
- Returned Payment Fee Up to $38
Check your card's Guide to Benefits to learn the specific benefits your card offers and how to access them. Learn more about credit card benefits here.
- $500 Certificate: Spend $5,000 in a year and get a $500 certificate that can be used toward the future purchase or lease of a new Mercedes-Benz.
- $50 certificate: Yearly certificate for Genuine Mercedes-Benz Accessories.
- Lease Miles Waived: If you lease through Mercedes-Benz Financial Services you can get up to 1,000 excess miles waived at the end of the lease.
- OPEN Forum®: Online community for small business owners to connect with eachother.
- OPEN Savings®: Extra savings on eligible purchases.
- Early Pay Discount: 1.5% discount, you can use it to buy inventory, supplies and other business items.
- Extra Days to Pay: Get an extra 60 days to pay with no interest
- Free Employee Cards
- Account Alerts: Get alerts about account information on your phone.
- Account Manager: Ability to give other people permission to manage your account.
- Mobile & Tablet Banking: Pay your credit card bill online, transfer funds, check available credit and more.
- ReceiptMatch℠ with QuickBooks®: Manage your account with Quickbooks.
- Entertainment Access: Discounts to card member-only events, concerts, sporting events, and shows.
- Dispute Resolution: Help with fraudulent transactions.
- Extended Warranty: For warranties of 5 years or less you can get up to one extra year added to the original manufacturer’s warranty.
- Purchase Protection: Items purchased with your card are protected against accidental damage and theft within 90 days of the purchase.
- Return Protection: If the merchant won’t take back an eligible item that you purchased on your card within 90 days from the date of purchase, American Express may refund the purchase price, minus shipping and handling, for up to $300 per item, up to $1000 per year for each account.
- Roadside Assistance Hotline: Assistance with services such as towing, changing a flat, or boosting a battery in case of emergency. You pay for all third-party service costs.
- Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance: Stolen or damaged vehicles are covered if you use your card to pay and reserve the rental, and you decline the collision damage waiver. Not all rentals or vehicles are covered. Provides secondary coverage only, not liability coverage.
- Global Assist® Hotline: When you travel 100 miles or more from home you can get help with travel accidents such as a lost passport, the need for a lawyer, sudden illness, and more. You pay for all third-party service costs.
- Travel Accident Insurance: Added financial security if accident or death is caused when traveling by plane, train, ship, or bus.
American Express Benefits
- This card comes with American Express benefits. You will be provided with a list of specific benefits when you get your card.