The Gold Card from American Express is a charge card that offers points for travel, hotel credits, and a wide variety of benefits.
For a better version of this card that comes with more rewards, check out the Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express.
Confused about all the different amounts listed on your credit card bill? Read our guide to paying credit cards here.
- Annual Fee $0 the first year, then $160
- Intro Purchase APR -
- Regular Purchase APR Not Applicable - Paid in Full Monthly
- Earn 2 points for every $1 spent on flights booked directly with airlines and U.S. restaurants
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Use points on over 500 leading brands in travel, gift cards, merchandise, or entertainment
- Points can be transferred to a selection of frequent traveler programs
- Pay with points for flights, hotels, vacations or cruises. No blackout dates or seat restrictions when you book with your card
- Signup Bonus None
- Chip Technology Chip-and-Signature
- Foreign Transaction Fee 0%
- Intro Balance Transfer APR -
- Regular Balance Transfer APR -
- Cash Advance APR -
- Penalty APR -
- Late Fee Up to $38 or 2.99%, whichever is greater
- Returned Payment Fee Up to $38
Check your card's Guide to Benefits to learn the specific benefits your card offers and how to access them. Learn more about credit card benefits here.
Room Upgrade & $75 Hotel Credit
On eligible dining, spa or resort activities when you stay a minimum of two consecutive nights and spend at least $75.
Get exclusive savings on dining, travel, entertainment, and other purchases.
American Express® Preferred Seating
Access to premium seats at certain sports and cultural events.
Discounts to card member-only events, concerts, sporting events, and shows.
Help dealing with fraudulent transactions.
Zero Liability Protection
You won’t be held liable for fraudulent transactions (contact customer service immediately).
For warranties of 5 years or less you can get up to one extra year added to the original manufacturer’s warranty.
Items purchased with your card are protected against accidental damage and theft within 90 days of the purchase.
If you can’t return an eligible item within 90 days from the date of purchase, American Express may refund the purchase price up to $300 per item, up to $1,000 per year.
Personalized Travel Service
Includes assistance with finding destinations, making reservations at hotels and for travel, and planning for cruises and tours.
Lowest Hotel Rates Guarantee
If you book an eligible hotel through amextravel.com and find the same offer at a lower price elsewhere, you can be refunded the difference.
Global Assist® Hotline
When you travel 100 miles or more from home you can get help with travel accidents such as a lost passport, the need for a lawyer, sudden illness, and more. You pay for all third-party service costs.
Travel Accident Insurance
Added financial security if a death is caused when traveling by plane, train, ship, or bus.
Baggage Insurance Plan
When traveling by common carrier, provides coverage for both checked ($500) and carry-on bags ($1,250).
Roadside Assistance Hotline
Call for assistance in a variety of auto emergencies, including towing, tire change, and lockout services (cardholder must pay all third-party costs).
Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance
Provides coverage for stolen or damaged vehicles, as long as you decline the rental company’s own insurance. Provides secondary coverage only, not liability coverage.
Read about experiences others have had with this card and leave your own review here.
Submit your review