American Express offers an upgraded version of this card that offers more generous rewards, the Blue Sky Preferred® Card from American Express®.
Confused about all the different amounts listed on your credit card bill? Read our guide to paying credit cards here.
- Annual Fee $0
- Intro Purchase APR -
- Regular Purchase APR 17.24, 20.24 or 22.24% (Variable)
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all purchases
- Redeem rewards with as little as 7,500 points
- 7,500 points is equal to a $100 statement credit
- Use rewards towards travel, airlines, hotels, car rentals, or cruises, all with no blackout dates
- There is no expiration date or limit to the number of points you can earn
- Signup Bonus None
- Chip Technology Chip-and-Signature
- Foreign Transaction Fee 2.7%
- Intro Balance Transfer APR -
- Regular Balance Transfer APR 17.24, 20.24 or 22.24% (Variable)
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% (Variable)
- Penalty APR 29.24% (Variable)
- Late Fee Up to $38
- Returned Payment Fee Up to $38
Check your card's Guide to Benefits to learn the specific benefits your card offers and how to access them. Learn more about credit card benefits here.
- Entertainment Access: Discounts to card member-only events, concerts, sporting events, and shows.
- Dispute Resolution: Help with fraudulent transactions.
- Extended Warranty: For warranties of 5 years or less you can get up to one extra year added to the original manufacturer’s warranty.
- Purchase Protection: Items purchased with your card are protected against accidental damage and theft within 90 days of the purchase.
- Return Protection: If the merchant won’t take back an eligible item that you purchased on your card within 90 days from the date of purchase, American Express may refund the purchase price, minus shipping and handling, for up to $300 per item, up to $1000 per year for each account.
- Roadside Assistance Hotline: Assistance with services such as towing, changing a flat, or boosting a battery in case of emergency. You pay for all third-party service costs.
- Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance: Stolen or damaged vehicles are covered if you use your card to pay and reserve the rental, and you decline the collision damage waiver. Not all rentals or vehicles are covered. Provides secondary coverage only, not liability coverage.
- Global Assist® Hotline: When you travel 100 miles or more from home you can get help with travel accidents such as a lost passport, the need for a lawyer, sudden illness, and more. You pay for all third-party service costs.
- Travel Accident Insurance: Added financial security if a death is caused when traveling by plane, train, ship, or bus.
American Express Benefits
- This card comes with American Express benefits. You will be provided with a list of specific benefits when you get your card.