American Express offers an another version of this card, the Blue Sky® Card from American Express®. It comes with no annual fee, but also less rewards.
Insider Tip: You may be able to get the annual fee on this card waived. Just call customer service and ask nicely to have it waived, explaining that you’ve been a good, responsible customer for some time. Or, if you’re thinking of canceling the card, you can let them know that you’d consider staying with them if they waive the fee. In some cases they may offer a different incentive, like bonus points.
And if you’re in the military on active duty, you can submit an online request for SCRA benefits, which will probably include having the annual fee waived.
- Annual Fee $75
- Intro Purchase APR -
- Regular Purchase APR 13.99%-18.99% (Variable)
- Earn 2 points for every $1 spent dining, hotel, and car rental purchases
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- $100 annual airline allowance to cover baggage fees and other incidental in-flight purchases
- Points you earn are good for any airline, hotel, cruise, or car rental, anytime
- Signup Bonus None
- Chip Technology Chip-and-Signature
- Foreign Transaction Fee 2.7%
- Intro Balance Transfer APR -
- Regular Balance Transfer APR 13.99%-18.99% (Variable)
- Cash Advance APR 21.99% (Variable)
- Penalty APR 25.99% (Variable)
- Late Fee Up to $38
- Returned Payment Fee Up to $38
Check your card's Guide to Benefits to learn the specific benefits your card offers and how to access them. Learn more about credit card benefits here.
American Express Benefits
- This card comes with American Express benefits. You will be provided with a list of specific benefits when you get your card.
Read about experiences others have had with this card and leave your own review here.
Submit your review