American Express® Gold Card
Credit Card Insider is an independent, advertising supported website. Credit Card Insider receives compensation from some credit card issuers as advertisers. Advertiser relationships do not affect card ratings or our Editor’s Best Card Picks. Credit Card Insider has not reviewed all available credit card offers in the marketplace. Content is not provided or commissioned by any credit card issuers. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information, though all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on any ‘Apply Now’ button, the most up-to-date terms and conditions, rates, and fee information will be presented by the issuer. Credit Card Insider has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Credit Card Insider and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. A list of these issuers can be found on our Editorial Guidelines.
The contactless, eye-catching American Express Gold Card earns 4X points per dollar at U.S. supermarkets (up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X) and restaurants, while providing a solid selection of benefits and protections for shopping and travel. It’ll cost you quite a bit per year, but you’ll also get access to an annual $120 dining credit and a few others to help soften the blow.
American Express is a Credit Card Insider advertiser.
American Express® Gold Card
Highlights(Rates & Fees)
- Rose Gold is back. You can now choose between Gold or Rose Gold.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® Points at Restaurants, including takeout and delivery, and earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- $120 Uber Cash on Gold: Add your Gold Card to your Uber account and each month automatically get $10 in Uber Cash for Uber Eats orders or Uber rides in the U.S., totaling up to $120 per year.
- $120 Dining Credit: Earn up to a total of $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shack locations. This can be an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- Get up to 12 complimentary months of an Uber Eats Pass subscription when you enroll with your Gold Card by 12/31/21.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms Apply.
ABOUT THE ISSUER
American Express has several card types depending on your needs.
Manage your Account & Pay your Bill
You can usually pay your bill online on yourCredit card issuer's website
Speak to Customer Service
1-800-243-3888 orTry a different phone number
The new Gold card is a metal card, unlike the old version. It’s available in a typical gold style as well as a stylish rose gold.
It has contactless technology, so you can pay with the card by tapping on terminals that support this option. This is rare for metal cards.
Cardholders get a $120 Dining Credit each year, broken up into $10 per month. This credit is only good for purchases from Grubhub, Seamless, Boxed, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House, and participating Shake Shacks.
There are a variety of other perks too, and you’ll get access to over 22 airline and hotel transfer partners. Quite a few shopping and travel protections are included.
The Gold Card costs $250 per year, and has no foreign transaction fees (Rates & Fees).