To be eligible for an American Express®/Business Extra℠ Corporate Card:
- Your business needs to have existed for at least 12 months.
- Your business must have grossed at least $4 million in your last fiscal year.
- You need a business address outside of your own home.
- Your business cannot be classified as a sole proprietorship.
When applying be sure to have information about your company’s organizational structure, audited financial documents, and tax information. You’ll be guided through the application process by a representative.
Insider Tip: You may be able to get the annual fee on this card waived. Just call customer service and ask nicely to have it waived, explaining that you’ve been a good, responsible customer for some time. Or, if you’re thinking of canceling the card, you can let them know that you’d consider staying with them if they waive the fee. In some cases they may offer a different incentive, like bonus points.
And if you’re in the military on active duty, you can submit an online request for SCRA benefits, which will probably include having the annual fee waived.
Confused about all the different amounts listed on your credit card bill? Read our guide to paying credit cards here.
- Annual Fee $55
- Intro Purchase APR -
- Regular Purchase APR -
- 4% rebate on eligible American Airlines travel
- 1% rebate for companies already with benefits from an American Airlines negotiated discount.
- Redeem points for worldwide travel, upgrades and more.
- Every $5000 of eligible charges can earn American Airlines Gift Cards. Restricted to $1000 in Gift Cards per calendar year.
- Cardholders get end of year rebates point of purchase discounts on qualified business services, office supplies, travel, and more.
- Signup Bonus None
- Chip Technology Chip-and-Signature
- Foreign Transaction Fee -
- Intro Balance Transfer APR -
- Regular Balance Transfer APR -
- Cash Advance APR -
- Penalty APR -
- Late Fee -
- Returned Payment Fee -
Check your card's Guide to Benefits to learn the specific benefits your card offers and how to access them. Learn more about credit card benefits here.
- Simple, Automated Expense Reporting: Access to pre-populated expense reports.
- Spending Controls: Create custom spending limits for employee cards.
- Liability Options: Cardholders get to select the level of company liability, which is either combined or full corporate liability. This protects your company from unauthorized use of your card.
- Business Travel Accident Insurance: Added financial security if death or dismemberment is caused when traveling by plane, train, ship, or bus; up to $350,000.
- Baggage Insurance Plan: Covers your checked bags up to $500 and carry-on bags up to $1,250.
- Global Assist® Hotline: Provides 24/7 emergency support while traveling at least 100 miles away from home.
American Express Benefits
- This card comes with American Express benefits. You will be provided with a list of specific benefits when you get your card.