Uber and American Express have teamed up to provide a great incentive for Amex cardholders in the U.S. traveling from airports through the end of the year: up to $65 of credit toward on two separate rides. So, as long as your ride from the airport is less than $65, it will be free under this promotion.
This is a great deal if you’re planning on using Uber anyway and already have an American Express card. Personally, I am a big fan of these partnerships between Uber and credit card companies (they’ve done some deals with Capital One, too) because they’re a good way to save some money without much work.
Only 11 airports in the U.S. qualify for this deal, but they’re some major ones. Here’s the full list:
- New York: EWR, LGA and JFK
- Chicago: ORD and MDW
- Washington D.C.: DCA, IAD
- Boston: BOS
- Houston: IAH
- Seattle: SEA
- Las Vegas: LAS
How to use it
This promotion only goes through the end of the year (12/31/2016), so make sure you use your two credits before then to save up to $130!
- Enter AMEXAIRPORT in the promotions tab of the Uber app for iOS or Android (this must be done before you request the ride)
- Make sure your American Express card is selected as the form of payment for the ride (prepaid American Express cards don’t qualify)
- Once the trip is over, $65 will be deducted from the total cost of the ride. If the ride costs less than $65, it will be free, but you won’t get the remainder as credit.
Get the full details about this promotion at http://ubr.to/amex