This Week in Credit Card News: September 17–23
Credit Card Insider is an independent, advertising supported website. Credit Card Insider receives compensation from some credit card issuers as advertisers. Advertiser relationships do not affect card ratings or our Editor’s Best Card Picks. Credit Card Insider has not reviewed all available credit card offers in the marketplace. Content is not provided or commissioned by any credit card issuers. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information, though all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on any ‘Apply Now’ button, the most up-to-date terms and conditions, rates, and fee information will be presented by the issuer. Credit Card Insider has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Credit Card Insider and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. A list of these issuers can be found on our Editorial Guidelines.
New benefits for eligible Visa cardholders: Shipt, Sofar, Skillshare; New, simplified rewards for Bilt Mastercard.
Credit Card Insider receives compensation from advertisers whose products may be mentioned on this page. Advertiser relationships do not affect card evaluations. Advertising partners do not edit or endorse our editorial content. Content is accurate to the best of our knowledge when it's published. Learn more in our Editorial Guidelines.
New Benefits for Eligible Visa Cardholders: Shipt, Sofar, Skillshare
- On Monday, Visa announced a new set of benefits for eligible cardholders:
- Shipt: Free Shipt membership, which includes free same-day delivery on orders of $35 or more
- Sofar Sounds: Exclusive access to select Sofar events, and eligibility for free tickets
- Skillshare (Visa Signature and Visa Infinite only): Three free months and a discount on an annual membership
- Users of Visa, Visa Signature, and Visa Infinite cards have access to these benefits; the higher the card tier, the better the benefits. The higher tiers, Visa Signature and Infinite, come with longer memberships and more perks.
- Visa Infinite cards include the Chase Sapphire Reserve® (Review) and U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite® Card (Review); Visa Signature cards include the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card (Review) and Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card (Review).
- Learn more about Visa Signature benefits.
- Source: Visa
New, Simplified Rewards for Bilt Mastercard
- The Bilt Mastercard is a rare offer, designed for paying rent, but the original version was a bit confusing. Bilt has revamped the rewards program and terms, making it easier to earn points and adding some new bonus categories; the main card features are:
- 1X point per dollar on Rent, up to 50,000 points per year
- 2X points per dollar on Travel
- 3X points per dollar on Dining
- 1X point per dollar for every other purchase
- You must use your card five times per statement period to be eligible for rewards
- Mastercard benefits like DoorDash/Lyft credits and shopping/travel protections
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fee
- The Bilt card is currently available by invite only.
- Bilt also provides a way to pay rent by credit card even if your apartment doesn’t take credit cards. You can pay rent with the Bilt Mastercard within the Bilt app, and Bilt will send your landlord a check for rent.
- Learn more about paying rent by credit card.
- Source: Bilt
Brendan has been writing about personal finance for over eight years, and is now taking on the challenge of bringing high-quality credit education to the masses. He makes sure that Credit Card Insider is covering the most important credit topics transparently and precisely, and that we have up-to-date reviews of credit cards so you can find cards that are right for you.
Do you have a correction, tip, or suggestion for a new post? Contact us here.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by bank advertisers. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by bank advertisers. It is not the bank advertisers' responsibility to ensure all posts are accurate and/or questions are answered.