This Week in Credit Card News: May 7–13
Credit Card Insider is an independent, advertising supported website. Credit Card Insider receives compensation from some credit card issuers as advertisers. Advertiser relationships do not affect card ratings or our Editor’s Best Card Picks. Credit Card Insider has not reviewed all available credit card offers in the marketplace. Content is not provided or commissioned by any credit card issuers. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information, though all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on any ‘Apply Now’ button, the most up-to-date terms and conditions, rates, and fee information will be presented by the issuer. Credit Card Insider has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Credit Card Insider and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. A list of these issuers can be found on our Editorial Guidelines.
New travel rewards card, U.S. Bank Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card; Chase expands DoorDash benefits to include co-branded cards; Priority Pass to add over 250 new lounges and locations by the end of 2021.
Credit Card Insider receives compensation from advertisers whose products may be mentioned on this page. Advertiser relationships do not affect card evaluations. Advertising partners do not edit or endorse our editorial content. Content is accurate to the best of our knowledge when it's published. Learn more in our Editorial Guidelines.
The information related to Chase Freedom Flex℠ has been collected by Credit Card Insider and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer or provider of this product.
New Card on the Block: U.S. Bank Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card
- U.S. Bank has released a new travel rewards credit card: U.S. Bank Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Card (Review).
- The card is designed for good credit, and is quite rewarding compared to competitors at the same fee level. Features include:
- 4X points per dollar on Travel and Gas
- 2X points per dollar for Grocery stores, Grocery delivery, Restaurants, Streaming services
- 50,000 bonus points for spending $3,000 in the first 120 days
- Global Entry/TSA PreCheck application fee credit (once every four years)
- $30 annual streaming credit
- No foreign transaction fee
- Annual fee: $0 Intro Annual Fee for the first year, $95 thereafter
- This is the latest in U.S. Bank’s line of Altitude credit cards; the previous two are:
- See other travel rewards credit cards.
Chase Adds DoorDash Benefit (DashPass) to Co-Branded Credit Cards
- Chase has expanded its DoorDash partnership benefits to include even more cards. The benefit is available on both DoorDash and Caviar, and consists of:
- Complimentary DashPass membership for 12 months. A DashPass provides $0 delivery fees, reduced service fees for orders of $12 and above, and 5% credit back for pickup orders.
- Cardmembers must activate by December 31, 2021, to take advantage of the offer.
- The promotion is now available for a variety of co-branded cards:
- The promotion had previously been available, in some cases with upgraded or downgraded terms, on a variety of Chase credit cards, including:
- Sources: Chase, DoorDash
Priority Pass to Add 250+ New Lounges and Locations in 2021
- The Priority Pass airport lounge network has announced it plans to expand by 20% in 2021, adding:
- 150 new airport lounges
- 100 other premium experiences, like restaurants, spas, and railway and seaport lounges
- The announcement follows news that most Plaza Premium lounges will no longer be included in Priority Pass as of summer 2021.
- Priority Pass lounges can be accessed in a variety of ways; the cheapest and easiest is typically via a credit card that offers a Priority Pass Select membership. Some of the best include:
- Source: One Mile at a Time
Enrollment required for select benefits; terms and limitations apply.
For rates and fees of The Platinum Card® from American Express, please click here.
Brendan has been writing about personal finance for over eight years, and is now taking on the challenge of bringing high-quality credit education to the masses. He makes sure that Credit Card Insider is covering the most important credit topics transparently and precisely, and that we have up-to-date reviews of credit cards so you can find cards that are right for you.
The information related to Citi Prestige® Card has been collected by Credit Card Insider and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer or provider of this product.
Do you have a correction, tip, or suggestion for a new post? Contact us here.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by bank advertisers. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by bank advertisers. It is not the bank advertisers' responsibility to ensure all posts are accurate and/or questions are answered.