New SoFi Credit Card Offers 2% Cash Back for Loan Payment Redemptions
- SoFi publicly released a new World Elite Mastercard, which had previously been available to targeted customers: SoFi Credit Card.
- The card provides 2% cash back for every purchase, but only if you redeem to pay down an eligible debt, save, or invest with SoFi.
- Some other flat-rate cash back cards offer 2% cash back for every purchase, without those redemption requirements.
- Source: SoFi
New Limited-Time Welcome Bonus Offers for Amex Marriott Bonvoy Credit Cards (Expired)
- These offers have now expired.
- Two American Express credit cards co-branded with Marriott Bonvoy have increased welcome bonuses for a limited time. Select a card name below to see the current offer.
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card (Review): Earn 125,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Plus, earn up to $200 in Statement Credits for eligible purchases at U.S. Restaurants within the first 6 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 5/12/2021.
- Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card (Review): Earn 100,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in eligible purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership. Plus, earn up to $150 back in statement credits on eligible purchases made on your new Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 5/12/21.
- See other Marriott Bonvoy credit cards.
Chase Freedom Flex: Activate 5% Cash Back Rotating Categories for Q2 2021
- Starting March 15, cardholders of the Chase Freedom Flex℠ (Review) can activate their 5% cash back rotating categories for the second quarter of 2021 (April through June).
- The 5% rotating bonus categories for Q2 are:
- Gas Stations
- Home Improvement Stores
- 5% cash back in these categories is available up to $1,500 spent. Activate by June 14 to earn 5% cash back for eligible purchases throughout the quarter.
- The categories also apply for cardholders of the old Chase Freedom® (Review).
- Visit ChaseBonus.com to activate the categories.
Fed Expects to Leave Interest Rates Unchanged Through 2023
- In a meeting on 3/17, the Federal Reserve offered improved economic forecasts but indicated it did not expect to raise interest rates through 2023.
- Although an interest rate hike is not expected, other central bank policy changes may be announced.
- A change in the Federal Reserve prime interest rate would affect interest rates for credit cards, loans, and other financial products.
- Source: CNBC
CreditShop Rebrands to Mercury Financial
- CreditShop Holdings LLC (CreditShop) has changed its name to Mercury Financial Holdings LLC (Mercury Financial).
- Mercury Financial specializes in financial products for near-prime consumers (people with fair credit/poor credit).
- The company’s flagship offering, the Mercury® Mastercard®, has over 600,000 cardholders.
- You can find other credit cards for fair credit here or poor credit here.
- Source: Mercury Financial
For rates and fees of the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card, please click here.