This Week in Credit Card News: July 9–15
Credit Card Insider is an independent, advertising supported website. Credit Card Insider receives compensation from some credit card issuers as advertisers. Advertiser relationships do not affect card ratings or our Editor’s Best Card Picks. Credit Card Insider has not reviewed all available credit card offers in the marketplace. Content is not provided or commissioned by any credit card issuers. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information, though all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on any ‘Apply Now’ button, the most up-to-date terms and conditions, rates, and fee information will be presented by the issuer. Credit Card Insider has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Credit Card Insider and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. A list of these issuers can be found on our Editorial Guidelines.
Capital One announces new Denver airport lounge; Capital One offers mile transfer bonuses to British Airways and Aeromexico; American Express sells SZA NFTs to cardholders.
Credit Card Insider receives compensation from advertisers whose products may be mentioned on this page. Advertiser relationships do not affect card evaluations. Advertising partners do not edit or endorse our editorial content. Content is accurate to the best of our knowledge when it's published. Learn more in our Editorial Guidelines.
The information related to Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card, Capital One Spark Miles for Business, and Capital One Spark Miles Select for Business have been collected by Credit Card Insider and have not been reviewed or provided by the issuer or provider of these products.
Capital One Announces New Denver Airport Lounge
- Capital One will be opening a new lounge at the Denver International Airport (DEN) in 2022, on Concourse A. It’ll feature ready-to-eat small plates and snacks, local beer, relaxation rooms, shower suites, and quiet workspaces, among other amenities.
- This is the third new lounge that Capital One has announced; the other two will be at Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW), slated for 2021, and Washington Dulles (IAD), in 2022. These lounges are in partnership with Plaza Premium Group.
- Eligible Capital One cardholders can access Capital One lounges at a reduced rate.
- See Capital One travel credit cards.
- Source: BusinessInsider
Capital One Offers Mile Transfer Bonuses to British Airways and Aeromexico
- Capital One is offering two transfer bonuses for a limited time:
- British Airways: 33% bonus from August 1 through August 31, 2021 (1:1 ratio instead of 4:3)
- Aeromexico: 20% bonus from July 12 through August 8, 2021 (1:1.2 ratio instead of 1:1)
- If you have a card that earns Capital One miles, you can transfer those miles to the airlines above at an above-average rate. If you’ll be traveling with either airline anytime in the future it may be wise to transfer miles before the deadline for the bonus.
- Capital One’s travel cards that earn miles are:
- Source: BusinessInsider
American Express Sells SZA NFTs to Cardholders
- American Express is selling 14 NFTs (non-fungible tokens) of R&B artist SZA, singer of “Good Days.” Amex recently hosted a virtual concert for SZA, and attendees and Amex cardholders have an opportunity to buy NFTs featuring the performance.
- The first 10 NFTs were available only to concert attendees; the remaining four, released July 12, are available to any Amex cardholder. Each one costs $100, and they’ll likely be resold on secondary markets. “The first drop sold out,” according to an Amex spokeswoman, and the card issuer intends to release more NFTs in the future.
- This move by American Express may be the first foray into NFTs by a credit card company, although issuers and networks have been incorporating other blockchain and cryptocurrency services for some time now.
- See American Express credit cards.
- Source: Fortune
Brendan has been writing about personal finance for over eight years, and is now taking on the challenge of bringing high-quality credit education to the masses. He makes sure that Credit Card Insider is covering the most important credit topics transparently and precisely, and that we have up-to-date reviews of credit cards so you can find cards that are right for you.
Do you have a correction, tip, or suggestion for a new post? Contact us here.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by bank advertisers. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by bank advertisers. It is not the bank advertisers' responsibility to ensure all posts are accurate and/or questions are answered.