This Week in Credit Card News: April 16–22
Credit Card Insider is an independent, advertising supported website. Credit Card Insider receives compensation from some credit card issuers as advertisers. Advertiser relationships do not affect card ratings or our Editor’s Best Card Picks. Credit Card Insider has not reviewed all available credit card offers in the marketplace. Content is not provided or commissioned by any credit card issuers. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information, though all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on any ‘Apply Now’ button, the most up-to-date terms and conditions, rates, and fee information will be presented by the issuer. Credit Card Insider has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Credit Card Insider and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. A list of these issuers can be found on our Editorial Guidelines.
Capital One adds 4 new transfer partners and improves transfer rates; New Capital One airport lounge network announced; Apple Card now allows authorized users and co-owners; New Manchester United Credit Card.
Credit Card Insider receives compensation from advertisers whose products may be mentioned on this page. Advertiser relationships do not affect card evaluations. Advertising partners do not edit or endorse our editorial content. Content is accurate to the best of our knowledge when it's published. Learn more in our Editorial Guidelines.
The information related to Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card, Capital One Spark Miles for Business, and Capital One Spark Miles Select for Business have been collected by Credit Card Insider and have not been reviewed or provided by the issuer or provider of these products.
Capital One Adds 4 New Transfer Partners, Improves Transfer Rates
- Capital One has added three new airline partners and one new hotel partner:
- British Airways Executive Club
- TAP Portugal Miles&Go
- Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- Choice Privileges
- The transfer rate has also improved for certain other transfer partners, from 2:1.5 to 1:1.
- Users of the following Capital One credit cards can transfer miles to partner airlines and hotels, where they can be used for flights, hotel stays, etc.:
New Capital One Airport Lounges at Dallas/Fort Worth and Dulles International
- Capital One is opening a new airport lounge network. The first lounge will open at Dallas/Fort Worth “later this summer,” while another lounge will open at Dulles International in 2022.
- The lounges will include health safeguards like masks, social distancing, temperature checks, and prepackaged food. They’ll feature a nice variety of amenities, including food, drinks, work zones, relaxation rooms, cycling and yoga rooms, showers, and multi-faith rooms.
- Lounge access is open to anyone, although Capital One cardholders will be eligible for “special cardholder pricing, depending on their card.”
- Capital One doesn’t currently offer any cards that come with airport lounge access; see a variety of credit cards for airport lounge access here.
- Source: Capital One
Apple Card Now Allows Authorized Users and Co-Owners With Apple Card Family
- The Apple Card now offers the ability to add authorized users and co-owners (which are probably like cosigners) to the account.
- The Apple Card Family program allows you to add up to five people to your Apple Card account. Users must be part of the same Family Sharing group, and 13 years or older.
- Users who are under 18 can participate in the account to learn how to spend and manage credit, but they have limitations and can’t build credit.
- Eligible users who are 18 years or older can become co-owners of the account; co-owners will share the same account, which includes sharing responsibility for paying the bill.
- Participants who are 18 or older can opt-in to credit reporting; activity for all co-owners will be reported to the credit bureaus.
- Existing Apple Card users can now merge their accounts as well. The merged account will get a higher credit limit, but will keep the lower APR.
- Source: Apple
New Manchester United Credit Card for US Soccer (Football) Fans
- A new credit card for Manchester United fans in the U.S. has been announced: The Manchester United Credit Card.
- Several interesting Man United features are included:
- A Manchester United Home Shirt for spending $1,000 in the first 3 months (as of publication; see card terms for the current offer)
- 10% off the Official Manchester United Megastore, Red Cafe, and United Direct
- 5X points at bars and restaurants on match days
- 5X points on rideshares and streaming services
- Man Utd streaming service access after $500 in monthly spend
- Points can be redeemed for team-signed merchandise, meetings with Man Utd players, etc.
- Source: Manchester United Credit Card/Cardless
Brendan has been writing about personal finance for over eight years, and is now taking on the challenge of bringing high-quality credit education to the masses. He makes sure that Credit Card Insider is covering the most important credit topics transparently and precisely, and that we have up-to-date reviews of credit cards so you can find cards that are right for you.
Do you have a correction, tip, or suggestion for a new post? Contact us here.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by bank advertisers. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by bank advertisers. It is not the bank advertisers' responsibility to ensure all posts are accurate and/or questions are answered.