Uber and Capital One recently announced their new partnership to offer Quicksilver cardholders 20% back for every purchase they make with the Uber transportation service.
There are 2 credit cards for which this offer applies:
- The Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
- The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
The first card is for people with average credit, while the second is for people with excellent credit.
If you have either of these cards you can get the 20% cash back by downloading the Uber app onto your Android or iPhone, and then adding your Quicksilver card as the payment method.
You don’t need to do anything else – the 20% discount will come automatically as a statement credit to your account in the next one or two months, so don’t expect to see a price reduction right away.
This 20% discount will apply to every ride you take until April 16th, 2016.
“We’re thrilled to partner with Capital One, a company that shares our vision of creating elegant, simple solutions to meet important consumer needs. Together, we’ll provide a meaningful combination of savings and convenience to millions of customers.” — David Richter, Vice President of Strategic Initiatives at Uber
New Users Get Their First 2 Rides Free
In addition to the 20% discount, newcomers to Uber are eligible to get their first 2 rides paid for, up to $30 per ride (compared to their regular offer, which is $20 toward your first ride when referred by another Uber user). This is available for any Capital One cards, not just the 2 mentioned above.
To get the free rides, you’ll have to meet the following conditions:
- Have a US-issued Capital One credit or debit card
- Sign up with Uber and enter promo code CAPITALONE before June 30th, 2015
- Take the rides before April 16, 2016
- Pay for the rides with a Capital One credit or debit card
- This offer will not work for uberTAXI rides
And that’s all it takes.
Should You Consider Getting A Quicksilver Card?
If you use Uber frequently this 20% discount would obviously have a big impact, but is it worth getting a Quicksilver card just for this? That will depend on how big a savings you would see, and if the card would benefit you in other ways.
You don’t need to be too nervous about having more credit cards. In fact, having multiple cards can be a good thing, not only for your spending ability but also for your credit score.
Learn more about the partnership and sign up for Uber here.
For People with
- Annual Fee: $39
- Interest Rate: 23.24% *Variable
Quick Card Facts
- 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day
- 0% intro APR for 9 months on purchases and balance transfers
- Get access to a higher credit line after making your first 5 monthly payments on time
- Fraud coverage if your card is ever lost or stolen
For People with
- Annual Fee: $0
- Interest Rate: 13.24%, 18.24% or 23.24% *Variable
Quick Card Facts
- One-time $100 cash bonus after you spend $500 on purchases within the first 3 months
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day
- No rotating categories or sign ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus, cash back doesn’t expire and there’s no limit to how much you can earn
- 0% intro APR on purchases until May 2016; 12.9%-22.9% variable APR after that
- Balance transfers also have a 0% intro APR until May 2016, a 3% fee applies to each balance transferred
- Pay no annual fee or foreign transaction fees
- Capital One® Credit Wise - a free way to easily monitor your monthly credit score anytime, anywhere
Do you use Uber with a Quicksilver card? Are you planning to? Let us know how you feel about this new addition in the comments below, and if you liked this post feel free to share it!